Let's Play: What is He?

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
As you all know, if you read my Journal, DH and I rescued a rabbit at an Exotic Fish store on Saturday. Willard is doing well but I have no idea what he is. Don't know his background other than the Manager finding him in a box at their door Friday morning.

Would love your opinions on

What breed you think he is?

How old? Know it's hard to tell from a photo, so I should ask Over 6 months? Close to a Year?

Thanks for playing!

Here's some pics of Our Sweet Rescue :)

4459_bunnys_282.jpg

4459_bunnys_279.jpg

4459_bunnys_272.jpg

Pumpkinpup

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Beautiful bunny! I don't know anything about rabbits but Bless You for rescuing one of God's precious creatures :) I can't imagine someone just dumping him on a doorstep like that! I will never understand some people and their way of thinking.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Pumpkinpup said:
Beautiful bunny! I don't know anything about rabbits but Bless You for rescuing one of God's precious creatures :) I can't imagine someone just dumping him on a doorstep like that! I will never understand some people and their way of thinking.
Don't understand it either. But, think it's better than some of the stories I've heard. People think they are "just" rabbits and have just released them into the wild. I guess the person who had Willard couldn't take care of him anymore, or got tired of taking care of him, instead of just releasing him, left him somewhere they thought someone would take care of him.

And for some reason it worked out for Willard. Manager only had him there a day before we walked in. It's amazing how Karma works. :)

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
therealsilkiechick said:
siamese sable netherland dwarf would be my best guess and over 6mths.
I was thinking that too. Thanks for your input. :)

woodleighcreek

The Rabbit Queen
Reaction score
I was thinking polish based on body type, but they don't come in Sable...so maybe polish/ND mix?

therealsilkiechick

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
ur very welcome anytime.:) it doesn't look mixed breed to me i think it is a purebred just it is brood quality. yes he is very handsome and a beautiful color too. :love