Lilly, my Ill Lil has begun !!!!

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Shannoniganshens said:
n.smithurmond said:
Shannoniganshens said:
And oh my gosh!!!! Her water didn't break until the Doeling came out, I did not know it would shoot out like that!!!!!
:lol: We had one do that this year- it was a little shocking! Congrats on two healthy babies! :thumbsup
It was shocking!!! I asked DH is this normal!!!, Whats going on!!! He don't know anything about goats, every time it shot out, Lilly acted shocked. It was the craziest thing.
Every time?! You mean the fluid or the kids? We had a kid sorta shoot out like that. :lol: She was small and right on the heels of a bigger twin so she met with virtually no resistance. But yeah, the fluid does that too!

Theykeepmebusy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
n.smithurmond said:
Shannoniganshens said:
n.smithurmond said:
:lol: We had one do that this year- it was a little shocking! Congrats on two healthy babies! :thumbsup
It was shocking!!! I asked DH is this normal!!!, Whats going on!!! He don't know anything about goats, every time it shot out, Lilly acted shocked. It was the craziest thing.
Every time?! You mean the fluid or the kids? We had a kid sorta shoot out like that. :lol: She was small and right on the heels of a bigger twin so she met with virtually no resistance. But yeah, the fluid does that too!
The fluid,Lilly would call out/moan, and it would just shoot across and hit a wall, or gush , happened 3 or 4 times, she'd moan and splooosh!!! :ep

Zanzabeez

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Congrats on beautiful twins! :celebrate

Tracy

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
The stuck ears won't "hurt" anything, but when we have one born like that we usually "unstick" them (er...DH does it....when I leave the room...he says it's a quick tug and over.) and then fold them the opposite way and wrap in vet wrap for 24 hrs. Once you remove the vet wrap, they're usually able to hang right.

We sell a lot of kids for 4-H-ers, or I'd probably leave them alone.

If it bothers you aesthetically....'fix' them. If you can live w/ them being folded...don't.

Isn't that easy???

ETA: And CONGRATS on the twins. That was one heck of a long wait, wasn't it? lol.
I had one shoot water all over *me* a couple weeks ago when I squatted down to catch / dry a baby behind her. It soaked through my carharts...Ick.