Lionhead Rabbit Thread

reereechickens

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
What is the temperament of the Lionheads? Do they nip, bite, love or hate to be held. My Holland Lop was a nipper and biter, I got her from TSC and tried everything to stop the biting, nothing worked.

ohiogoatgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
hello! i do not have rabbits as of yet. but i am currently emailing back and forth with someone not too far (as in less than 3 hour+ drive) from me who is selling 2 lionheads and a hutch. might be getting them. fingers crossed!!!
hoping to get into meat rabbits as well. but this is what is coming up so these may be my intro to buns. :p
if i do get them though the buck is harlequin and the doe is broken black. the person told me. i have no clue on colors and names yet. :rolleyes:

TherapyBunnies

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Lionheads are one of the more docile of the breeds. My bucks tend to be more affectionate. I use them as therapy rabbits with my clients & they are a hit. I've been around Mini Lops & Mini Rex and the Lionheads have a calmer, more social & affectionate temperaments in my experience. The does do get more moody when pregnant & just after kindling.

ohiogoatgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
wohoo! so i am getting a harlaquin buck and two broken black does. all lionheads. and maybe a chocolate dutch doe, her 5 kits (2wks old), and a steel dutch buck.
:D ON SATURDAY!!! YAY!!! YIPPEE!!! :D

TherapyBunnies

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I admit it. I have lionhead fever. I brought home 2 more lionheads. My DH has been supportive so far, probably because I haven't said no to he & our son adding to the gun collection, a much more expensive hobby.

5458_2012-01-30_162027-1.jpg

Miracle, a seal buck. He loves to play, but is easily startled. He got his name because he was the only kit in his litter that his inexperienced mom didn't eat a leg or foot off of when she was cleaning them.

5458_2012-02-02_011540.jpg

5458_2012-02-02_002005-1.jpg

Ebbuny, black otter doe VM. One eye is half blue half brown.
5458_2012-02-02_001924-1.jpg

Now I have unrelated BEW carriers.

SarahMelisse

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score

ohiogoatgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
alrighty... some things got moved about so picking them up tomorrow.
i now have feeders, waterers, feed, clean barn (well at least where they are going. lol), hay bales ready, calender up in the barn,....
bought four small dog carriers at walmart. and have a slightly larger one already. the larger one will be for the momma and kits.

SO EXCITED! SO EXCITED! SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!
:weee :weee :weee :weee :weee

1Chick Magnet

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I came home with 4 new lionheads today. blue cream-opal-broken chestnut. 2 of the are from colorado. I live in nh. blood lines are totally different than anything I have.