Lionhead Rabbit Thread

1Chick Magnet

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Ms. Research said:
TherapyBunnies said:
I am so excited... I found another lionhead breeder that enjoys talking lionheads within an. hour of me. I also found a local farm supply store willing to buy my extra (pet) stock. I showed the mmanager pics of my furry guys & she was eased with them. I've seen dutcht & other meat rabbits. So I am glad to spread the lnhead bug to others in the area. I am relieved about continuing to breed especially with the firt litter having 7 live kits. Sorry abt the spellling... on my android & its not easy to correct them. Ill post some new picks of the babies when I can get on a computer.
Congratulations on finding someone to talk to about your lionheads and breeding program. Kudos on finding a place for your pet quality lionheads.

Can't wait to see the pics of the babies.

K
congrats and I want to see photos too :weee :weee :weee

wolftracks

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Looks like I'll be picking up a black tort doe next weekend. She's so cute and since I have Charmer, I hope I'll get more torts and maybe a blue or chocolate.

I have Charmer and my netherland doe together. I need to get more cages painted and get these Hollands out of my house. I have a feeling I'm going to end up finding a few new Lionhead does in the next couple of month, so I need all the space I can get.

BTW Cute kits!

TherapyBunnies

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
1st litter, 7 kits, b. 12/16/11
5458_2012-01-18_203301-1.jpg

Doe (Sable Pt Marten VM) with the 2 I am keeping for now Pt White & Sable Silver Marten
5458_2012-01-18_204952-2.jpg

Daddy Buck Siamese sable
5458_2011-11-20_172926-1.jpg

New Litter expected between now & 2/15/2012

New Pair Litter Due 2/17/2012
Broken Sable Doe
5458_2012-01-23_154048.jpg

5458_2012-01-23_153812.jpg

Opal Buck
5458_2012-01-24_174130-1.jpg
5458_2012-01-24_174453-1.jpg

TherapyBunnies

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
1Chick Magnet said:
does anyone know anything about genetics? I am trying to figure out what I would get if I bred a harlequin to a broken chocolate.
If you have a Black/Gold harlie I agree with the black buck.

Google, Google, Google

wolftracks

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
TherapyBunnies said:
Love them!

Well I not only picked up my little doe, I also got both parents. So I've added a total of 3 torts today. Now for some other colors. There's a show near me in I think February or March, so I'm going to be checking to see if I can scrape up enough to buy one or two more does at least.

TherapyBunnies

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thanks Wolftracks.

My 2 does are expected to kindle by Feb 17th. I really expect a litter in the nest few days & one around Feb 17th.

I look forward to seeing all BYHs new Lionhead litters.

ibreedlionheads

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
My blue doe, Blueberry, kindled last night! I'm so excited because recently (for the past few months) I've been having horrid luck with breeding and such. (Uninterested bucks, inexperienced does making inferior nests which causes kits to die, etc.)

But yeah, now I'm not so discouraged. I think there's two REWs (hopefully they'll turn out pointed white, though) and two blacks/blues.

TherapyBunnies

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Congrats- so glad you have a successful kindling. :weee
ibreedlionheads said:
My blue doe, Blueberry, kindled last night! I'm so excited because recently (for the past few months) I've been having horrid luck with breeding and such. (Uninterested bucks, inexperienced does making inferior nests which causes kits to die, etc.)

But yeah, now I'm not so discouraged. I think there's two REWs (hopefully they'll turn out pointed white, though) and two blacks/blues.