Lionhead Rabbit Thread

wolftracks

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Oh and thank you for the compliments. I really love these guys.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
wolftracks said:
These 2 are 1/2 brothers. Charmer has a full brother who is black. I loved Wascal so much I bought two more from his breeder. Charmer is the smallest.
I like Wascal, but I guess I'm more leaning toward the Black gene. But then again, I've got my fingers cross that the Blue Tort I want is male. I'll know in 2 weeks. Did you get does from this breeder? Have you done any breeding with him? Or are you just starting?

K

wolftracks

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Ms. Research said:
wolftracks said:
These 2 are 1/2 brothers. Charmer has a full brother who is black. I loved Wascal so much I bought two more from his breeder. Charmer is the smallest.
I like Wascal, but I guess I'm more leaning toward the Black gene. But then again, I've got my fingers cross that the Blue Tort I want is male. I'll know in 2 weeks. Did you get does from this breeder? Have you done any breeding with him? Or are you just starting?

K
Wascal has thrown so cool colors. Haven't used Charmer yet. Weird but him and the full brother are just starting to look like they'll have Wascals fur. His back is perfect. Everything either meets or is spaced just right. Charmer should produce blues for me. I love blues. Even have blue chickens. LOL He should also produce chocolate. I want those bad. I need some new does though. Mine were older. I have a black, a seal and a sable point.

I may use a Netherland that I have to see if I can keep them small. Some breeders are also working towarda the Lion Lops, so since I have a couple of Hollands, we'll see. The good thing about Lionheads is that if they look like a Lionhead, they are a Lionhead and they will produce the way they look. Don't know if the Lion Lops are going to go anywhere, but since I have decent lines I might at least breed once in a while and see where that goes. That's over thinking it though. Right now I just want my Lionheads to be what they're supposed to be.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
wolftracks said:
Ms. Research said:
wolftracks said:

K
Wascal has thrown so cool colors. Haven't used Charmer yet. Weird but him and the full brother are just starting to look like they'll have Wascals fur. His back is perfect. Everything either meets or is spaced just right. Charmer should produce blues for me. I love blues. Even have blue chickens. LOL He should also produce chocolate. I want those bad. I need some new does though. Mine were older. I have a black, a seal and a sable point.

I may use a Netherland that I have to see if I can keep them small. Some breeders are also working towarda the Lion Lops, so since I have a couple of Hollands, we'll see. The good thing about Lionheads is that if they look like a Lionhead, they are a Lionhead and they will produce the way they look. Don't know if the Lion Lops are going to go anywhere, but since I have decent lines I might at least breed once in a while and see where that goes. That's over thinking it though. Right now I just want my Lionheads to be what they're supposed to be.
The Blue Tort I have has chocolate and diluted in his line. I'm thinking with my does, I'll look for one that has Black and diluted, and seriously think of Chocolate. Really not sure about the 2nd doe. I want to see what my Blue Tort will do with a doe with Black and diluted. I love the soft colors of the chocolate line but DH likes those bold black colors. It should be interesting. I want to get my buck first. Let him settle and then get does. I already have feelers out to several breeders in the area so I should be able to make my plans come to fruitation.

Breeder that I'm looking at the Blue Tort, uses Netherlands to help her breeding stock. But she lets everyone know what Generation that was.

I love the thought of a Lionhead lop. I think Holland Lops are so sweet. But I have to agree, I would like my Lionheads to be what they're supposed to be. Can't wait to start. Hope you keep us posted on your breeding plans and how they are going.

K

wolftracks

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
To bad we aren't closer. I'm going to be breeding Charmer to my black doe. She hasn't kindled though in a while, so I'm not sure how that's going to go. I like the blacks, but I love unique colors, so I hope I get something different along with blacks.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
wolftracks said:
To bad we aren't closer. I'm going to be breeding Charmer to my black doe. She hasn't kindled though in a while, so I'm not sure how that's going to go. I like the blacks, but I love unique colors, so I hope I get something different along with blacks.
Wishing you luck with Charmer and the black doe. I too love unique colors. The most unique color I think is the Lilac. I've been going on the breeder's website, and have been reading. Very informative, very upfront about her breeding program and pedigrees. The Buck of this Blue Tort has lilac genes. Even DH, who loves black, was really impressed. Plus was impressed with his Double Mane. Really nice. Soooo, who knows. But I don't want to get ahead of myself. Wish you were closer, too but hopefully you will allow me to pick your brains here and learn. Would love to make Unique colors, along with Blacks, which I do like. Lionheads are awesome. So glad my DH got over the hair part. Now that he knows the benefits of getting to know your rabbit through grooming, he's looking forward to seeing a Lionhead grow.

Please keep us posted. And BTW, would love to see your blue chickens. Confession: Lurker on BYC.

K

wolftracks

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Ms. Research said:
wolftracks said:
Wishing you luck with Charmer and the black doe. I too love unique colors. The most unique color I think is the Lilac. I've been going on the breeder's website, and have been reading. Very informative, very upfront about her breeding program and pedigrees. The Buck of this Blue Tort has lilac genes. Even DH, who loves black, was really impressed. Plus was impressed with his Double Mane. Really nice. Soooo, who knows. But I don't want to get ahead of myself. Wish you were closer, too but hopefully you will allow me to pick your brains here and learn. Would love to make Unique colors, along with Blacks, which I do like. Lionheads are awesome. So glad my DH got over the hair part. Now that he knows the benefits of getting to know your rabbit through grooming, he's looking forward to seeing a Lionhead grow.

Please keep us posted. And BTW, would love to see your blue chickens. Confession: Lurker on BYC.

K
Left you a post here in other animals. :thumbsup

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
wolftracks said:
Ms. Research said:
wolftracks said:

K
Left you a post here in other animals. :thumbsup
Thanks, saw the post. Pretty birds, but don't let that disgusting act go unnoticed. I'd find out who did that to my birds.

K

1Chick Magnet

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
hi everyone--I have not been on this site for a very long time. I am very excited to see that this thread is active. I am now starting my second season with lionheads. I learned alot last year. I now have a good variety of colors of lionheads. I do have a blue eyed lilac doe :love I also love blue and have blue bunnies and chickens. we even have a blue splash duck :) last year I produced lionheads-lionlops-and wooly lions. I kept a chocolate wooly lion doe. I have a broken chocolate holland buck that I use to make lion lops.

I love all the photos that have been posted :thumbsup

1Chick Magnet

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
here are two of my babies from last year

2913_my_chickens_876.jpg