Little bucks anatomy

Mitransplant

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Java Chip had a little buckling almost three weeks ago. I am no pervert so didn't check out his underneath side all that well. Did see him peeing and did dip the cord into the peroxide but that was it till the other day when he climbed up on my lap and I flipped him over like a baby and his legs went stiff and out to the side a little. When that happened I noticed to little things that look like teats . ARE males supposed to have teats close to their penis? Not at all familiar with males so not sure this in normal or is this from inbreeding? Found out from the breeder I got him from that his grand father is his father. Just wondering. Seems fine other wise to me. THANKS.

currycomb

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
yes, perfectly normal.in fact, you want clean teats on your buck. no split teats, or multiple teats (yes that does happen). he will pass that defect on to his kids. so, one on each side of his man parts

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
His penis should be under his belly, and his teats (yes, males have teats, just like male humans have nipples) should be up under his back legs, near his testicles.

SheepGirl

Master of Sheep
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
aggieterpkatie said:
His penis should be under his belly, and his teats (yes, males have teats, just like male humans have nipples) should be up under his back legs, near his testicles.
X2

Mitransplant

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
THANK YOU all for telling me he is normal. I felt rather foolish when I saw them and thought he was a he/she or something. I guess there is a lot more I need to know about goats, HUH? THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. My little guy is alright!

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Mitransplant said:
THANK YOU all for telling me he is normal. I felt rather foolish when I saw them and thought he was a he/she or something. I guess there is a lot more I need to know about goats, HUH? THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. My little guy is alright!
They say that any day you learn something is a good day. When you own goats, every day is a good day cause you learn something new. Never feel foolish for not knowing something, how can you know if you have never seen something?

Mitransplant

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Very True Mamaboid. You would think that a 58 year old woman would know her anatomy but guess I slept through that class. LOL There are SO many people on here who are willing to take the time to advise others who know little and I really appreciate ALL of you out there even if you don't answer some of my questions for what ever reason. I know there are some of you who take the time to answer all questions KNOWING that we need your help desperately. THANK YOU ALL!

Hope everyone has a VERY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY tomorrow. I already know what my daughter is getting me, ANOTHER GOAT! She found a 4 month old doeling so this new one will be a play mate for Oreo. Can't wait to get her tomorrow afternoon.

AGAIN THANKS to all of you and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

SDBoerGoats

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oh I'd love a goat for Mother's Day! A purebred registered Kiko doeling would fill the bill! OR a registered buckling......but I am not holding my breath. They are really hard to find around here.