Little Green Pastures Kidding thread- New babies 4/21 with pics!

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Doeling kidded, I think twin does, I didn't get a good look. Too busy with Yogurt....

Yogurt kidded, one girl and one boy. The girl rolled out under the gate and was in the wet, almost freezing mud. I am working on her but am struggling to get her warm....

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
jodief100 said:
Doeling kidded, I think twin does, I didn't get a good look. Too busy with Yogurt....

Yogurt kidded, one girl and one boy. The girl rolled out under the gate and was in the wet, almost freezing mud. I am working on her but am struggling to get her warm....
Good luck with the little one.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Good luck with her, A heat lamp so close it feels very hot, but doesn't burn when you put your hand by the kid for 20 or 30 seconds, works well. Do that for 15 or 20 minutes and then give 10 cc's of warm corn syrup. then warm for another 3o minutes under heat lamp. And then give 5 cc's corn syrup and 10cc's mom's milk. Reapeat every 30 minutes until standing after that with just some milk
Good luck.

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Praying for the little one. We have had sooo much rain here. I do not think the goats have been out of the barn or out from under the overhang in two weeks. They have to walk through a giant mud pit to get into the field. Really hope she pulls through.

FahrendorfFarms

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
hey everybody, i was just over there all 4 are still up and going. They are all a bunch of color, gorgeous bunch of little screamers

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
They are all doing well. Cold baby is back with her momma. Her brother is already climbing in the hay rack. Doeling's paint girl is wobbly so I gave her some Bo-Se. She should straighten up.

Brownie kidded today, in the open, no problems. I love my kikos. She has a tiny little udder, I was would have sworn she wasn't bred but Doc said otherwise. Still has a tiny udder but I checked, it has milk and the baby girl is nursing.

The cold baby girl. Up and about. Still a little wobbly but doing well.
1751_cold_baby.jpg

Her big brother. He is quite a bit bigger than her.
1751_big_brother.jpg

Doeling's Twin girls. The paint girl is a little wobbly but gettign stronger.
1751_doelings_twins.jpg

Brownie's baby girl. Up and about, strong little kiko girl.
1751_brownie_baby.jpg