Little Green Pastures Kidding thread- New babies 4/21 with pics!

2goats8kids

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Congratulations! She made your job easier there :).

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Elf kidded. Single BIG buck. She is around 80 pounds and I haven't weighed him yet but I suspect around 7 lbs.

My neighbors were over last night and we were all keeping an eye on her, checking her regularly. My husband came in and said she was making a lot of noise so all of us, neighbor, his cousin, her boyfriend, hubby and I all headed up to the barn.

The baby was halfway out and trying to get up. He was mehing, and had his front legs under him and body off the ground while his back end was till in his Momma. :celebrate

We waited and watched and after a few minutes he was out and not much longer afterwards up and looking for a teat.

I said "She really had to work hard to push that huge baby out" :ep

My neighbor says " No she didn't, he crawled out" :lol:

So I had to add " have you ever seen one of your Boers do that?" :plbb

We have been out all day but I will try and get some pictures tonight. Not sure, it is dark and I am tired....

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
Big baby for a small doe.

Alana was about 130 when she kidded last time and had an 11 pound buck, and 11 pounds buck, and an 8 pound doe. He kids avg 9 pounds at birth and she has only had triplets.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I weighed all the babies last night. Elf's big buck was 9 pounds. He was a day old so I wrote 8.5 on my records.

10% of her body weight in one baby. :ep

It was dark last night. I will try and get some tonight but they will probably be in the dark with flash bad pictures.

This morning Brownie was snuggling under the lamp with 6 babies. She is a really good momma, won't let her little one out of her sight. She had the six babies all curled up around her. I wish I had my camera. I thought about going back and getting it but I was already late for work.