Little Green Pastures Kidding thread- New babies 4/21 with pics!

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Wasn't any need to worry about that big strappin' boy! He was going to get out on his own whether you or momma wanted him to or not. Animals are amazing creatures. I admire them for all the ways that they handle things that come their way. Just amazing. Congrats on your big boy!:celebrate

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Here are all the babies born last week, except Mama's. It has been teens and single didgits so they are all hanging out under the lamp.

1751_snuggle_babies.jpg

Mama's Babies. She was blocking them from me behind the door so I couldn't get a decent shot.

1751_mama_babies.jpg

I will put more pictures on my Journal.

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
They are really nice looking kids! Really strong and healthy looking. You should be as proud as if you had birthed them yourself! :celebrate

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Nissan kidded. A boy and a girl. The boy is white with maybe a little bit of tan. The girl is light brown with some white swirls. She is very cute and much smaller than the boy. They were up and walking when I got home. She went right into the kidding stall, kicked everyone else out and had them there.

We had a little trouble last night. Apparently these kids are more Forrest Gump than Sheldon Cooper. :he They stood there screaming for food but made no effort to find the teat. I led them to it, put it in thier mouths, they ate but then went back to screaming with no effort to find the teat. So I milked out almost 2 cups and gave them each some. They were quite happy then so I went to bed. This morning they were quiet, not full bellies but not empty and I saw each of them nurse at least once. I tried to milk some more out of Nissan just in case but she didn't have much. So either that huge udder isn't producing much milk or they were snacking all night. :hu

I can't get pictures up till later. My uncle passed away yesterday and my mother is flying in at 10:00 tonight. The house is a disaster and my mother is coming. :barnie

I was not very close to my uncle, please save your condolences for his widow and two teanage daughers. They have tough road ahead. :hugs

Eidted because I broke my rule about posting things. The "if you don't want Grandma to read it, don't post it" rule.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We attended two funerals this past year with dad's that were in their 40's and several children still at home. Very very sad funerals.

It is important to not break the rules.

Seems like a rash of kids being dumb this winter, I have had my fair share of kids having a hard time finding the teat.

I will be praying for the mom and the teenage girls.

FahrendorfFarms

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Ok everyone jodie asked me to give everyone an update so here we go

Nefer had triplets 2 does and 1 bucks
Fat Girl twins 2 bucks
Broken Horn twins 1 buck 1 doe
Shy Girl twins 1 bucks 1 doe
Sunshine single doe
And buttkead finished up with twins not sure what they are yet.

marlowmanor

Reaction score
FahrendorfFarms said:
Ok everyone jodie asked me to give everyone an update so here we go

Nefer had triplets 2 does and 1 bucks
Fat Girl twins 2 bucks
Broken Horn twins 1 buck 1 doe
Shy Girl twins 1 bucks 1 doe
Sunshine single doe
And buttkead finished up with twins not sure what they are yet.
Wow! A dozen new kids!

rebelINny

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Wow! No wonder she can't post it herself! She's got her hands full. :ep