Login Problem

Crest Acres Girl

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
For some reason I have to log in twice with backyardherds. I enter my login name and password then it says login successful, then I'm not logged in and I'll have to do it the second time.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Try deleting the cookie for BYH and see if that helps. The only way the site knows who you are is by the cookies. Also, check your security settings. Let us know how it goes and if you need further help. :)

kstaven

Purple Cow/Moderator
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
If you are still coming to BYCOW and then the system is forwarding you to BYHERDS it may cause an issue. My PC did that to me a few times until I cleaned the cookies out.

Crest Acres Girl

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I've been typing backyardherds.com, I dont know why but its still doing this. My web browser automatically cleans out the cookies every time I open it. I guess I'll just have to type my username and password twice everytime lol

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It sounds to me like something with your browser and not BYH. I would go into options and check your settings.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Another option is, don't logout. Many don't. There is a default time set that will show you off after awhile. Then when you come back you will be loggedin and if you go from one sister site to another without logging out between them you won't have to login each time.

sillystunt

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
yeah, i couldn't even log in today. i had to send for a new password. STRANGE~~ But i am here now;)

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
sillystunt said:
yeah, i couldn't even log in today. i had to send for a new password. STRANGE~~ But i am here now;)
You can go in and change your password to whatever you want now that you are logged back in.

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
We've definitely been having some really odd login / logout / cookie issues. We're looking into it, but usually deleting your cookies will solve all login / logout problems.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
If I want to logout-most of the time I don't-I have to clear the BYH cookie. I just let the default kick in and then I have no issues. ;)