Looking to buy some goats

chickygirl55

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
In the panhandle of texas. Would like to buy some goats of a milk breed. Tried craigslist to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Emmetts Dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Have you tried googling local goat farms in your area? Some will have them for sale on thier own websites...?? Its a shot anyway.

chickygirl55

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I didnt try goat farms but i did try goats for sale in my area, Ill have to try that thank you for the idea.

Ariel301

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
If you search through the members on here, you could probably find one who is in your area that is breeding goats. It's worth a try.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Try posting "Looking to buy goats in Texas" in the 'buy / sell / trade' area.
:D

chickygirl55

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
ok will try that to looked up goat farms in texas and they are all mainly down south a ways from me couldnt find but 1 in my area and they didnt have any for sale.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Check the websites of the goat associations; they will usually have a list of members. I find I get better quality goats that way than Craigslist.

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
Is there a 4H club nearby? Someone there would likely know who has goats, or at least know somebody who knows somebody.... :p

savingdogs

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I was going to suggest 4H as well, that is how we got onto the right track. We went to the county fair to find them but there are other ways to find your local goat 4H group, and if they are into dairy breeds they will probably have some for sale.

chickygirl55

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
contacted the adga and asked for a list of breeders in my area. Will see what comes of it lol.

Latest posts