Looking to buy some goats

chickygirl55

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Found 4 for 100 dollars on craigslist! 1 alpine and 3 lamanchas. Im excited going to pick them up tomorrow!!!

FarmerDenise

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have lamancha crosses (they are still babies though, 6 months old). I just love them.
Yay for you :weee

chickygirl55

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Ya im excited. I saw this baby buck lamancha at the swap meet and wanted so bad to take him home lol. But we wanted a pair and he was only one so we didnt get him.
But now we are getting four all nannys so it worked out ok. Havent seen pics of them so no idea what they look like but im sure they will be cute lol.

Ariel301

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
chickygirl55 said:
Ya im excited. I saw this baby buck lamancha at the swap meet and wanted so bad to take him home lol. But we wanted a pair and he was only one so we didnt get him.
But now we are getting four all nannys so it worked out ok. Havent seen pics of them so no idea what they look like but im sure they will be cute lol.
Buying livestock without seeing it is kind of risky, I would have wanted to see them in person or at least photos before making any agreement. That said, I did the exact same thing when I got my first ones, they were 14 hours away so I couldn't visit to look at them, and the owner had no camera, but the price was very good, and at that point to me, a goat was a goat was a goat, as long as it was female I could milk it, right? So I got them. I got lucky and got really good show quality stock for a bargain price, but I could easily have gotten something not so good.

I hope they work out well for you, you should share pictures when you get them. :) I love LaManchas, that is what I raise. They are the sweetest goats there are, ours are big lapdogs lol.

chickygirl55

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Ya i seen this one at the swap meet that was adorable. Im looking forward to going to see them. They live more than 60 miles away but in an area weve been to so we are going to take the horse trailer and check them out, but im sure we will end up buying them unless they look terrible lol.:lol: But for that price what the heck.:p

FarmerDenise

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
They are the sweetest goats there are, ours are big lapdogs lol.
:lol: You are so right about them being lapdogs, I have the bruises to prove it too,:p

chickygirl55

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Brought them home!!!! Man are they cute and very friendly.:D Definitely big lap dogs lol. Will post pics tomorrow.

Question? What age do you breed them at? Also how long after breeding do they have thier babies?

rebelINny

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well I wait to breed until they are at least 10 months old but some people will breed them as early as 8 months. However the size of the doe is the thing you really want to look at. For me it is 10 months or a good goat size. For me the size varies as I breed Standard and mini goats. They say if your standard is 80 lbs then that is a good time to start. Not sure about mini's. Just figured I would wait till they are 10 months :) Gestation for preggo does is 150 days or so...bought 5 months. You can go to www.fiascofarm.com and look at the due date calculator and it will give you an exact time from when your doe was bred. Good luck and glad it worked out.

TheSheepGirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
A good website I've found is GoatFinder.com. They have a list of breeders by the breed they raise and then by state. There are a lot of farms on there.

Congrats on your goaties. I absolutly love our LaMancha doe. That's one heck of a score too. I wish I'd found that. Around here the going rate is 100 dollars for one LaManch doe.

Sitting here insane with jealosy.

Again congrats. I can't wait to see pictures!

Latest posts