Looks like.... Finally!!!!

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
my last heffer is probably going to go tonight......she is bedded down in deep straw, not hungry and antsy. Up down, up down. and her udder is FULL and she is stringing and just plain uncomfortable. here's hoping it's not a long night........or week, as her sister showed me with her calf. :(

So,
last night she did. A nice bull calf......I will get pics later. Nice and healthy, just as spry as his sister. got up in less than 10 min, started nursing right off. Thats the way we like em! :D

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I. HATE. Cows.

No, really.

No baby yet.

No SLEEP either.

:somad

She got up and ate her breakfast this morning, though she kept turning her head to look at her sides. I hope the calf is in there, doing actobatics, and giving her heartburn. :tongue

:lol:

MReit

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I hope everything is okay in there :) I know hours seem like days!

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
If she's your last one and your watching her like a hawk, she's gonna hold off as long as she can!

I have one that has been torturing me for a week now, I think she just likes the attention!

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I have bee trying to be nonchalant abbout it.......checking in on her only a couple times a day, ond only yesterday did I separate her from the herd (well, I left a cow in with her, so she wouldnt freak out, as she is prone to do). she was mellow and eating, just really full bag, stringing like crazy with colored discharge and really loose and floppy (if you know what I mean, LOL). I checked her twice in the night, not trying to upset her routine. Today, she is out with the rest of the herd........I told her to go air her brains out for a while, and it saved me from cleaning the stall a fourth time today. :sick
I will put her back in the barn tonight, here's hoping. :fl

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
I put mine in her own pen yesterday, she didn't seem to care, she found the full feed bunk!
Had the boy check her on his way out, he called to say she was laying down, with "stuff" coming out! I rushed over there, just to watch her get up and start eating again!
This is one of two, that will help me decide if I am selling all my younger heifers, I think she is going to hold this calf FOREVER!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I've been waiting for a week for Thunder to freshen. Seems like they love to make us wait.