MARESTARE GOAT CAMS

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
TheSheepGirl said:
Sure looks like it to me as well. Do you see one or two babies. I can't tell, cause the video keeps freezing.
I see a goat off in the shadow behinds her... but if I've seen a baby, it was with the adult in the shadow... It looks like she has a kid part way out... that last time she curled sideways and was cleaning her ... ahem... back area.. it sure looked like a head was sticking out

TheSheepGirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oh. When I first tuned in I saw a baby , but I couldn't see the other goat then. Might not even have been a baby that i saw. My connection's pretty bad over here.

Did you notice if anyone had pressed the High Alert button or not? It should be pressed if it hasn't been already.

TheSheepGirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
She's nursing a kid now! I can't tell if it's wet or not, but she's nursing a kid!

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
TheSheepGirl said:
She's nursing a kid now! I can't tell if it's wet or not, but she's nursing a kid!
Yup, that baby is most definitely NEW... man! I knew I should have waited just a few more minutes before heading out to check on my girls!!! :rolleyes: Lets see if she has another one!! I don't want to miss it this time.
I tried clicking the high alert button before heading out to the barn, but it said that I was not authorized to trigger it. :(

glenolam

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Livinwright Farm said:
How does one join marestare's barn alarm?
I have a barn cam, it has been disconnected due to electric bill, but might re-install it in preperation for the 3 impending kiddings...
The main site for Mare Stare is www.marestare.com. You have to basically buy their services but provide your own camera from what I read.

Livinwright Farm said:
I tried clicking the high alert button before heading out to the barn, but it said that I was not authorized to trigger it. :(
Many people don't have access to trigger an alarm. If you ever see a doe in labor but don't see people around call the phone numbers at the top of the video page. I've done that on occasion and saw the people jump in the kidding/foaling stalls minutes later.

I'll update the thread title, too - I'm not on the computer 24/7 so I forget to change it when nothing's going on.

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
glenolam said:
Livinwright Farm said:
How does one join marestare's barn alarm?
I have a barn cam, it has been disconnected due to electric bill, but might re-install it in preperation for the 3 impending kiddings...
The main site for Mare Stare is www.marestare.com. You have to basically buy their services but provide your own camera from what I read.
Well, ick! I thought it might be free, like ustream.tv... oh well.

Wish I had known that the number at the top was their number... I would have called them and told them their goat was in labor. Now I know. Thank you. :thumbsup

glenolam

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I noticed that too! I couldn't figure out what that thing was burrying in the corner for the life of me. It just kept picking up 1 peice of hay, moving it, picking up 1 more peice of hay, moving it....then it finally moved from the corner and I figured out it was a hen! :gig