Margali's Griffin Wood Ranch

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
My husband is trying my patience. I have massively cut my caffeine use down from ~1,000mg per day to recommended FDA max of 400mg (ie 2cups). Now he is wanting me to go cold turkey, ZERO caffeine. He is somehow convinced that will eliminate my heart issue because it did for his bio-dad.

Did I mention school starts August 8th? So he wants me to go thru meet the teacher and first week of school while in caffeine withdrawal. :he :somad

Last edited:

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
You might make it but you won't like it. When my children were young I lived on coffee. A pot in the morning while getting DH and kids ready for day. Another pot at 10am to get through morning. Another pot in the afternoon tomake it to dinner, a pot after dinner to ease me off to sleep. I had a licensed daycare and took care of 4 children, infants through 3rd grade, including my own 2, ages 5 and 2.
:th I needed that caffeine, although most of the time I had to drink the coffee room temperature. LOL Just like eating dinner at room temperature due to constantly having to be up and down getting stuff for everyone else. :lol:

Has he considered that the massive amounts of caffeine may be what keeps you going? Going cold turkey to quit caffeine can be dangerous. You need to go slow. The only time i ever went cold turkey quitting coffee was when i got pregnant - the smell made me nauseous. lol It was how I knew I was pregnant!

Did the doctor tell you to quit caffeine? Coffee, tea, chocolate, and soda all contain caffeine. I consider coffee and chocolate to be 2 of the essential food groups!

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Ridgetop EXACTLY! Caffeine= sanity. I looked up average mg of caffeine per gram of fresh coffee grounds. When I was in two years ago they said cut back which I did from about 6 (12oz) cups a day to 3. That didn't keep it from reoccurring but they again pressed "cut down on your caffeine" so I did down to one big cup. Things have improved a miniscule amount in number of dizzy spells decreasing but still headaches and chest pain. So how is going cold turkey going to fix anything?!

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Ridgetop EXACTLY! Caffeine= sanity. I looked up average mg of caffeine per gram of fresh coffee grounds. When I was in two years ago they said cut back which I did from about 6 (12oz) cups a day to 3. That didn't keep it from reoccurring but they again pressed "cut down on your caffeine" so I did down to one big cup. Things have improved a miniscule amount in number of dizzy spells decreasing but still headaches and chest pain. So how is going cold turkey going to fix anything?!
Maybe hyper sensitive to caffeine is causing this? It is self induced sometimes on that problem.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
I didn't get to sleep untill midnight. I feel great after 8 hours. Hubby is out doing HAM radio stuff to support a bike race. He left me home with kids and power tools...

I'm f$ning tired of the ****ty 30" door that swings into hall bath directly over AC grate. Kids already broke door once by piling stuff behind it. I've been wanting to switch it to barn door style but not enough room on the wall. This morning I realized it's not load bearing and the crappy press board trim is already ruined.

Last edited:

Latest posts