Mary Jane's Kidding Thread! *Video Link pg 11*

CrazyChickenLady

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
If she pushes for hours and nothing happens, you will have to put on a very clean glove and put lube on your fingers. Then you will have to 'help' This may get her to start having the baby. There is also a thing were you or someone strong lifts the goats hind end into the air, then you push the baby back and move it into the right position. This is used only for babies that are in a wierd position: One/both leg/s back, head back, leg of different baby with the head of the baby in the birth cannal, etc.

Mzyla

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
27 minutes from the "She is pushing" post.
What a nerve wrecking waiting time....
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her happy ending!

jmsim93

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
A Doeling and a Buckling!!!! Both healthy and LOUD!!! Especially the doeling...she hasn't stopped crying since she came out. Mary Jane is doing a great job of cleaning them up. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. I will post pics soon...promise!!!!

:weee

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I am so happy for you. Well tell Mary Jane, thank you for making it to where I could read she had babies today. Thank you for letting us know. Congrats. Can't wait for the pictures.

jmsim93

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Here they are!!!! The little doeling came first...I was inside making lunch when I heard a "different" sounding cry. I put on my shoes and when I got to the stall the doeling was already halfway out. I was just with MJ 10 minutes before so I guess she was waiting for some privacy??? I helped clean her off and put her in front of momma when the buckling started coming. I got that one on video and I might post it on youtube for everyone to see. :) It was quick, easy and messy! (I wasn't worried ;) )

Here's the doeling:

3636_img_8274.jpg

The buckling:

3636_img_8310.jpg

And them together:

3636_img_8270.jpg

I'm going to post more later but I've got to get ready to pick my kids up from school. I'm sure they would appreciate it if mom wasn't covered in goat goo... :hu

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Awww!! They are precious. The buckling looks a little like my Houston who I think is one of the cutest goats ever, not biased at all. lol

Latest posts