Mini Mini Fainter?

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
BlondeSquirrel04 said:
I saw his mom, and she was definitely a fainter. Plus, if they faint, doesn't that mean they are purebred, since the gene is recessive?
They have to be full blooded to faint as far as I know. None of our crosses faint, but all of our purebreds do. Fainters do come in all sizes, and some can be very small. Yours does not look full blooded to me. He does not seem to have the 'fainter tail'. But if he has fainted, then my guess would be he is just a little guy.

BlondeSquirrel04

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
He keeled over this morning, so yeah, definitely a fainter! He doesn't faint super often, but when he does, it's an obvious faint.

I know they are slow growing and tend not to be fully grown till 4, is that usually the case?

Riverside Fainters

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
My sister has a pure fainting wether who was born on her place to her two goats... and he was born in August and only weighs like 37 lbs and is knee high. his sister is only 27 lbs.

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
CrazyCowLover said:
My sister has a pure fainting wether who was born on her place to her two goats... and he was born in August and only weighs like 37 lbs and is knee high. his sister is only 27 lbs.
My year old Buck is probably 65 lbs, my 3 yr old buck is probably 85-90.(of course 30 of that is his horns, lol)
I have a 4 month old buck that goes close to 40 already. My does are 3 yr old who probably weighs 60, and her two daughters who are also 4 months old and the sisters of my little buck. They are a lot different in their weights. The largest is probably close to 35 lbs, but the little one is only about 25 pounds at 4 months old. she is small boned, tiny features and is going to probably stay small. She was a little sickly when she was younger, didn't play like the other two, was a little lethargic. Never really sick, but just off for almost a month. She has caught up nicely, but will never be as big as the other two. She weighed 3 1/2 pounds when she was born, and the other two were 4 and 4/12.

BlondeSquirrel04

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Gumba is a heavy guy. He's probably in the 25lb range, maybe more. As compared to my LaMancha buck at his age, Gumba's testicles are definitely bigger. Not sure how on Earth he's going to breed any other goat because he'd need a step stool, but we'll see come the fall!

Bryannjamie

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
They do not have to be pure bred to faint. I have a fainter, believe she is a mix. Sometimes she does a full body faint but sometimes its just half. Bred her with a pure bred Nigerian that looks like a mini Kiko, and her twins both faint. This one looks like partial Pygmy to me, body shape specifically.