Mini Pearl is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roy and Vicky

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Roy just called. He found another cow for Duh!!!! He's gonna be a big brother to a hereford short horn cross this afternoon. Her name is Mini Pearl and she's 5 weeks old. momma rejected her. So she's coming to live with us!!!! Duh had better be a good big brother. He's been mad at me because I weaned him off the bottle a few days ago. talk about bawling oh mi it was not pretty!!!! He's on pasture all the time now and he's looking like a pot belly cow he's gained so much weight I'm so happy!!! I'll take some pictures of him and Mini when Roy gets home and we go get her!!! WOoo Hooo. Not so excited to go back to bottle feeding again, but at least we'll have another cow for Duh. She's bottle feeding twice a day and is on pasture already and stays out all night so that will be great because we have some cornish cross hens coming on the 16th and need to get the chicken coup cleaned out after Duh being in there LOL. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Roy and Vicky

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Here is Minnie Pearl

0503125.jpg

0503127.jpg

0503129.jpg

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
That, is a pretty calf (and a scenic view to die for).

Ya coulda tied a little stringed price tag off her ear just for the picture ya know.

HOOOWWWDEEE!!

Roy and Vicky

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
LOL She's a stinkin cutie for sure. I think i'm in love with her already heheheh. I figure Duh has been staring at her butt saying why do i have ear bling and you have butt bling with a name like that??????

The view is part of the continental divide in the first picture and i can't think of the name in the second ones then we have the saw tooth mountains to the west. We have a 360 degree view of the mountains here, it's spectacular!!! And there is still snow up there that we just got this week!!!! I'm ready for summer.

Roy and Vicky

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
dunno just regular pasture grass, a little of this a littel of that likely.

Stubbornhillfarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Awwww....she is cute! What a great little herd you have. And beautiful landscape for sure! I am envious of all you out western mountains. If we ever go to visit...chances are good...we won't come back. :D

Edited for spelling. Hope I got them all.

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Calves with a white face are always the cutest. :D Congrats on the new addition!

Roy and Vicky

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Duh is so mad at me LOL. I have got to seperate them tonight when I feed her because he'll butt so hard he knocks the bottle out of her mouth. I had to give him my finger to suckle on this mornin because I needed her to eat. I am going to put her in the dog kennel for the night and see how she does and how much grain she is eating. We have an old bathtub in the pasture for water and she's drinking from that great, but I'd like to see how much calf starter she is eating.

Any ideas on a treat I can take out with me to help with Duh wanting to have a bottle too? She is not used to me yet, so she's quite skiddish when I go to pet her she steps away and would rather go to the other side of the pasture than to be near me, and I know that will come in time. Is it okay to give them fruit like apples or pears? I'm so dang new to all this.

Just had someone we know suggest we butcher Duh when he's about 8 months old!!! Is that good? or should he get bigger first?