Molly and Lily's kidding thread, 2nd kidding was disasterous

paynemom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have two pygmy sisters, I believe both are pregnant but have no clue as to when they would be due. Here are their udders today, a vast improvement over the past weeks. What do the experts say? They are our first goats and we are really excited. I want to get a better idea as to when they would deliver so my 9 yr old sons can come with me and hopefully see the deliveries!!!
Here's Molly, the "don't touch me" goat:

1778_img548.jpg

And Lilly, the "touch me only if you have treats" goat:

1778_img549.jpg

P.S. I could never find those ligaments you talk about. They're not gone, they were never there!!ha!

mojomamma

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
That goat looks VERY pregnant!!!! I am fairly new to this and have only gone through one delivery. There is a good youtube video on how to feel the ligaments, you can search for it. It helped me figure it out! My goat had a bag that looked like that when she went into labor and did not pass the mucous plug until she was IN labor. The ligaments were the best clue for me. When she lost them it was 24 hours later, she started stretching, yawning, I didn't see her doing anything else and I was watching her constantly! I want to see pics when they have them:)

GLENMAR

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yep. Both are very preg. Looks like they are getting close.

paynemom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Yay! I am so excited! They are first timers too, so we'll all be freaked out together! I'd better get to TSC and pick up some essentials. Their little bodies don't seem that much bigger, maybe they'll have small babies? My 5 little kids are so excited for bouncing babies, I hope all goes well! Thanks for your input!!! I'll post for sure when they get here!

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I would say maybe 2 to 3 weeks, maybe a little sooner. Watch for their udder to get a lot tighter and their bellies to drop, they almost look a little less pregnant right before they kid, and their hip bones start to show more, giving them an appearance that they are loosing weight.

paynemom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I felt a baby move today! On the right side, underneath, just before the udder! Getting closer, how I wish I knew when, it is a bit of a walk to the enclosure! I think they'll both have a single, their bellies aren't that big!

marliah

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
You may be surprised, my Nigerian dwarf ff looked small to me and she had triplets, you never know with the smaller goats, their babies are so little when they are born :) hope to see a baby update from you soon!

paynemom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I watched that YouTube on finding ligament. I found them on both, pretty soft but still there. I can't wait for babies!!! I'll post pics when they get here! Thanks for all the help and advice. What are your "must haves" for your birthing kit?

paynemom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Here's today's pic of Molly. I didn't notice much difference in 8 days.

1778_img560.jpg

And here's Lilly:

1778_img564.jpg

Still looking at a couple weeks?:caf

paynemom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
UPDATE: Noticed a tiny bit of whitish goo on Molly today. Hoping that means it is getting close! Ligs are very soft, but still there. I'll keep checking!

Latest posts