Molly and Lily's kidding thread, 2nd kidding was disasterous

mojomamma

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
They are looking great!!! Is this their first time to kid? If so, I would say they are very close. Glad you found the video!

paynemom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
yes, it is their first time, they are only about a year old.they are fattening up nicely! These are our first goats too, so we don't really know what to expe:cool:ct! They really look to be due almost the same day!

paynemom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Still waiting...Molly has had a discharge for about 3 days and today her lady parts are really pushed out looking and puffy. Her ligs still appear to be there, so I'll keep checking!

paynemom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
How are we looking today? I was thinking it would be this week, but now I'm not so sure. (remember these are pygmys, pretty small girls) Hopefully my progression pictures will help another newbie later, to gauge her goats' progress! This is Molly, who looks a few days farther along. She has some gooey junk everyday. Just a little, but still. Is this the tail thing people talk about? Sticking up like that?

1778_img584.jpg

Do the nipples really fill out before labor? I've seen that on some of the pictures on here.

1778_img586.jpg

1778_img582.jpg

And here's both ladies: Black collar is Lilly, pink is Molly. Who do you think will go first?

1778_img583.jpg

My personal wager is Molly will go first with a single, Lilly second with twins. Anyone else have a guess?

paynemom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Oh, and I'm going out of town over night Tuesday. What do you want to bet that'll be d-day? Ha!

paynemom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
So far it's a boy for Lily! She did a great job, with a tough head first, no feet delivery!

1778_img612.jpg

Going back to check again. Of course, she went 2 acres deep into her pasture and parked herself under a tree. Lots of ants, too! But I got to see it all!! About how long till she would have a twin if there was one? Was kinda hoping for one girl, but this little guy is super cute! Looks kinda like that bad gremlin, Spike? Ha ha! Yay for my first time!

CochinBrahmaLover=)

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Aww... So cute!!

Heres a thing out bouncing --> http://fiascofarm.com/goats/bouncing.html Its a technique to tell wether or not she has another kid in her

Congrats on the baby ! Goats csn be tricky, and the best way to know when their gonna kid is to remember last time they kidded and how fast or slow they lost their ligaments and how they acted etc etc. Thats why first timers are so hard! :lol: