Molly and Lily's kidding thread, 2nd kidding was disasterous

manybirds

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
paynemom said:
So far it's a boy for Lily! She did a great job, with a tough head first, no feet delivery!

http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/uploads/1778_img612.jpg

Going back to check again. Of course, she went 2 acres deep into her pasture and parked herself under a tree. Lots of ants, too! But I got to see it all!! About how long till she would have a twin if there was one? Was kinda hoping for one girl, but this little guy is super cute! Looks kinda like that bad gremlin, Spike? Ha ha! Yay for my first time!
so cute! he does look kind of like a gremlin though lol. name him shagrat after the orc on the lord of the rings! (yes i'll admit it i'm a lord of the rings freak) she would probably start having # 2 pretty quick. mine all start to have there #2's within 20 mins after #1 is out, but i suppose there all different. hope all goes well if there is another one!

paynemom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Just the one little boy, but he is so sweet! Wobbly, but nursing well, for a first timer, Lily is doing awesome!

1778_img611.jpg

Now I'm waiting for her sister to deliver. Looks due anytime. She is rather unfriendly, so I doubt she'll tolerate my presence much. Keeping my fingers crossed for a little girl this time!

paynemom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Still nothing from Molly. She's the type to give me a hard time and drag things out! :idunno

paynemom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Ok, no ligs left today, and Molly's udder is super full and tight. Today has got to be the day!!!???:fl

paynemom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
And we are finally in labor. Good grief, she sure took her time! Hoping for a little girl!!!

paynemom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
It is slow going. I wish she would just push harder already! Hoping she's doing alright!:fl