More girly parts and questions...

swiss.susan

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
She looks close, but not imminent. Check those ligaments and look for a "shine" on the udder. Watch her behaviour, if she is in a herd you will notice her off to herself, usually standing in a corner :)

swiss.susan

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
at the top of her tail head, going diagonally on either side you will feel two "pencil" like ligaments. As they get closer to freshening these will soften and disappear when she is imminent. If they are hard as pencils you know she isn't ready yet. They can also fool you, I had several does that one ligament would disappear and the other never did. Sometimes you have to really dig to find them, some are very easy to find. Each doe is different, some will bag up and some won't. Alot of mine would get a shine on thier udder during early labor. I would often find a doe in labor alone in a corner of the barn. If you have watched her and know her habits, you will catch it when she acts different.

buzymom13

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
:hu Well I dunno what to say.... Olivia is still waddling...still wide load and STILL not having this baby!!!!

The side bumps have moved downwards... Her hips are looking sunken to me.... she stands and looks at me like "What?!" when I talk to her.

UGH!!!! :barnie

marliah

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
She looks close but not imminent to me. I would guess a few days to a week. Unless she is a first freshener, in that case she may be real lose.

buzymom13

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
:fl She's a first freshener....she's about 4 yrs old....

A lady who has a lot of experience with sheep birthing (not sure what ya call it with sheep sorry) looked at her tonite and said that she thinks she's carrying 2 kids and that she's "close".

I'm hoping she's right!!! :fl

mabeane

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Being in the waiting mode with a wide load doe I will state the obvious..as each passes she is getting closer! :/ The anticipation is grueling for me, how about you?:(

buzymom13

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
:caf Yes I realize that each day is one day closer...LOL It's like being a kid waiting for Christmas!!!

Here's pics from this morning....

Yes I'm obsessing....

1777_101_9508.jpg

1777_101_9511.jpg
This is what she's been doing with her tail for the last day... Up until now her tail has been flat against her hips/up

Bedste

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
What kind of goat is she? I say TODAY! She is huge..... she is going to have quads..... 2 girls and 2 boys.... I like playing this game. Do you feel any ligaments?

buzymom13

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
She's a FF 4 yr old Registerd Nigerian Dwarf...

I "think" I feel ligaments but her belly has REALLY shifted and her area between the "pin bone" and tail looks sunken to me. I'm a newbie and this is our first kidding so I'm unsure of terms and all....

I like the excitement but I'd really like to see the baby/ies LOL :th