Mountain lion help please.

GrassFarmerGalloway

Melts for all babies
Reaction score
Pardon me for my stupidity, but what is a DNR?

And that's just dirty. If you're going to release lions around people's properties, at least let us frickin' know so we can stock up on secure locks and sturdy guns to defend ourselves!

How can I find out if this has happened in my area? I've seen dead porcupines around lately, and I was suspicious, as I know that cougars are one of the few animals that can kill the prickly little lunchboxes.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
DNR:Department of Natural Resources

They don't say anything because they don't want to alarm the people. Or to warn them so they can be prepared to deal with it.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
One of their wardens admitted it to one of my neighbors after a hunter had seen one.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
GrassFarmerGalloway said:
Have they done this all around the country? Do you know?
No clue. Our DNR is a huge pain in the arse! They pretty much do what they want.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Welcome to the board houndit!
You didin't say what state your in(or I missed it)
Has anybody reported the problem to the DNR or Game department? I know it usually does not do any good, but it is a start. Big kitties that eat livestock need shot!

A lady about 15 miles south of us, was having problems with one taking her goats. When they did finally shoot it, it had a collar on?
It had been one they had caught and released,

We have the Big kitties all around us. We sometimes get reports from the loggers when they are seen close by, I know of a couple that were shot not far from here. We even caught on in the act of eating a pocupine on the driveway.
Since they banned the hunting with hounds, the population has exploded! Of course the Gamees deny this, but this year they have changed the season a little so the bow and muzzleloader people can shoot them too?

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
we have them here in NH, even in my town they have been spotted. Next town over, a dairy lost 3 milkers in 2 weeks to one. Fish and game said it was a pack of coyotes. the farmer produced a pic taken from his cell phone, and they said it was " a really bad pic of a coyote running". WHAT?!!! :he
Anyway, here they are protected so LEGALLY you cant shoot them. I would find out, then arm yourself. Good luck, thats too bad. I like to see wildlife, and I will live in peace, but so help them if they start in on my livestock. :somad

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I think they are legally protected all over. That's why the second and third SS's.