My Beetal baby (Buck)

Bakra

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi
Just got my new pet, aged between 3-4 months, I don't exactly know, got it for 6000 rupees/ USD70 yesterday.
In an year, I want it to grow really tall and muscular.
Need your comments!
beetal001.jpg

beetal002.jpg

beetal003.jpg

beetal005.jpg

beetal006.jpg

beetal007.jpg

beetal008.jpg

beetal009.jpg

marlowmanor

Reaction score
That is a handsome goat! It's too pretty to eat! ;)
91.gif
That goat looks really tall already. I'm getting quite interested to see how big it will be when it comes time to slaughter it. If it is already that size at only 3-4 months old that thing will be HUGE when in a year! :ep Good luck with him!
tauruss.gif

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Wow, he is beautiful. It looks like you made a great choice. Very strong and great muscle tone. He looks quite healthy. Sounds like you got him for a good price too. How tall is he at the shoulder?

Congratulations!

By the way, I have some questions. How energetic are these goats? What is their personality like? Are they quiet? Are they strong? Would they make good pack animals? We use goats for many purposes here. Some people use goats to pull carts, some use them as pack animals. Some eat them, some milk them. I raise them for milk and as pack animals. So I always look at them for that.

Bakra

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Queen Mum said:
Wow, he is beautiful. It looks like you made a great choice. Very strong and great muscle tone. He looks quite healthy. Sounds like you got him for a good price too. How tall is he at the shoulder?

Congratulations!

By the way, I have some questions. How energetic are these goats? What is their personality like? Are they quiet? Are they strong? Would they make good pack animals? We use goats for many purposes here. Some people use goats to pull carts, some use them as pack animals. Some eat them, some milk them. I raise them for milk and as pack animals. So I always look at them for that.
Thanks for liking it, will measure it's height when I find the inchy tape, lol.
Energetic? Ummm... can't really judge, they can jump very high and also lean against trees and walls to eat leaves up high. Some are gentle, some are aggressive and give intruders head-butts. Many of them drink their pee so people get them castrated, they grow even more due to this.
They are very strong and muscular if they are exercised(allow grazing in open field) regularly. What do you mean by pack animals, I mean do you raise them to sell them or what?
Never heard of goat carts here but we have bullock, buffalo, horse, mule, donkey and camel carts.
They are good eating, very delicious meat. People also keep does in their homes for milking as they are more economical than buffaloes.

What should I do, he isn't eating wheat hay with much interest, just eats a little bit even though I mix grinded wheat(or whatever it is) and pea/pulse peels (he eats the grinded wheat and pulse peels out of it only).

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
He is beautiful.

Goats do not like to eat food they are unfamiliar with. You need to introduce new foods slowly and a little at a time. If you know what he was eating at his last home it would be good to stick with that until he adjusts. If you don't know just keep trying new things until you find what he likes.

Congratulations.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Bakra said:
Thanks for liking it, will measure it's height when I find the inchy tape, lol.
Energetic? Ummm... can't really judge, they can jump very high and also lean against trees and walls to eat leaves up high. Some are gentle, some are aggressive and give intruders head-butts. Many of them drink their pee so people get them castrated, they grow even more due to this.
They are very strong and muscular if they are exercised(allow grazing in open field) regularly. What do you mean by pack animals, I mean do you raise them to sell them or what?
Never heard of goat carts here but we have bullock, buffalo, horse, mule, donkey and camel carts.
They are good eating, very delicious meat. People also keep does in their homes for milking as they are more economical than buffaloes.

What should I do, he isn't eating wheat hay with much interest, just eats a little bit even though I mix grinded wheat(or whatever it is) and pea/pulse peels (he eats the grinded wheat and pulse peels out of it only).
They aren't drinking pee... It's seamen that they fertilize the female with. That is why they smell strongly. By the way if your goat head butts you, push him in the shoulder not his head and don't play head butting games with him or he will think your are playing with him and he will develop a very bad habit.

A pack goat carries a pack in the mountains for the hikers. They wear a kind of saddle and then over the saddle is a pack. Like a donkey carries a pack on it's back or a camel carries a pack to carry things for the owner. A goat can carry 40 - 50% of it's body weight on it's back. They are good because they can travel in very high places up steep hills and they will follow the hiker anywhere usually without a rope or a halter.

I raise most of my male goats to sell them as pack goats for mountain hikers. The will be castrated at about 4 months old, because they are more docile and don't smell like a male goat. Also wethers (castrated male goats) don't bother the females. I look for tall, strong, gentle goats for breeding and I prefer that they have good energy and a nice strong body. The Beetal looks like they would be good goats for that purpose because they have a wonderful body shape. Good strong butt muscles. Nice straight legs.

Cart goats can pull a cart just like a mule or donkey. Just not as much weight.

Yours has mischief in his eyes! :weee

Bakra

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
@Queen Mum
No he doesn't headbutt or hit me, don't want to teach him this, but my previous goat used to do it.
Pack goats are something new for me.