My MooMoos 🐮 😍

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not in this market. We're up to at least 50 sell out posts now.
That’s a lot! Why do you think so many are selling out? I see people selling their flocks on the Katahdin FB groups, but nowhere near that many. My thoughts, I believe the economy, with high inflation and high costs of everything, are making people taking a serious look at what they are spending money on. Feed, Hay, goodbye sheep.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dang cute pics like that make me want a moo or too. But I hope I know better :lol: reading about cows and goats getting out remind me I should be good just the way it is here. :ducOh and the cute bunny pics :ep:lol:
Having them all and sheep, I'd say the goats are h=ll. But cattle are easy to contain with a hot wire or three.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
That’s a lot! Why do you think so many are selling out? I see people selling their flocks on the Katahdin FB groups, but nowhere near that many. My thoughts, I believe the economy, with high inflation and high costs of everything, are making people taking a serious look at what they are spending money on. Feed, Hay, goodbye sheep.
Yes, all of that, plus the droughts and the registry dramas.
Plus, the general quitters who buy for cute wittle sheep looks, then give up after 1-4 years. These are constant. Thy usually hate the shearing and didn't research it, thought they'd be like goats/overly in your face like dogs, easy to contain, shouldn't of gotten any livestock to begin with/thought they could be farmers but didn't have it in them.
Also, the market might be finally bottoming out.