My potential new goaties!

PinkFox

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
well looks like ill be picking up 2 doelings at the end of this comming week
im very excited, this will be my first time raising MY goats.

they are nubian girls, the lighter doeling born feb 12th, the dark doeling feb 14th.
these are the 2 i realy liked upon my visit to the farm, but deposit has not yet been made...however there was just something about these 2. they are completly unrelated too.

the light Doeling
004.jpg

she was one of 3 and the other 2 started pushing her around last week so shes now officially on the bottle anyway...
Right now im thinking of calling her Lily, her ears just kill me! lol.
Not sure what color shed be considered, shes a light caramel with white patches on her sides, and dark spine and face markings, i dont uslaly like the light colored goats but she just called to me.
this little girl would probably need to be disbudded though...im worried about that given theyll be 4 weeks when i bring the home...thoughts?

the dark doeling...
010.jpg

i must admit, its her color above all else that calls to me, she was the only black and tan (this farm has mostly creams) and i love the black and tan but shes a little more shy (her momma is warey of people) so i know she could definatly be a challenge, shes the one im not 100% sure on yet, im going back up there on monday or tuesday so ill spend a little more time around them and see for certain :)
If she does come home with me her name will be Poppy.
Seems shes naturally polled

so ive read fisaco famrs page a bajillion time, saved and printed out rolls bottle raising info too.
ive got a bag of the same feed the farm uses ready to go
their pen is secured and ready to go...
i need a good goat mineral (any suggestions in terms of brands to look for?)

and what else do i need in my "emergency" box.
I have a basic animal frist aid kit...but what baby goat specifics do i need.
the breeder is giving the CDT shot and a Cocci treatment beore they leave...

its amazing, ive spent over 2 years reasearchign all this and now the itme is drawing near my brain seems to have urned to mush lol.
im so excited lol.

gingit

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Real pretty goats.
I read here that Nubians are very noisy, and my Nubians confirm it out laud daily.
Just so you'd know in case you have neighbors nearby.

Enjoy!

PinkFox

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
lol, voice is actually one of the things i love about nubians lol.

Missy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Beautiful girls...
......don't let Rolls see that little dark eared one:)

I love nubians. :love

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Too cute, hope you get them. Keep us updated on what you choose. I really love the dark one. Beuatiful

PinkFox

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
i agree on the black and tan doe, shes just so visually striking (and her momma and her daddy were both spotted) and i LOVE the dark ears, im not a fan of the frosted ears on dark goats so the solid ears is just like OOOOO and i was looking for at least one black and tan :)
she caught my eye from across the feild.

im so excited, i should know for certain by tuesday and would be picking them up probably on friday or saturday :D