my pregodoes are really late...got any ideas to help them into labor?

ALEXthegoat

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
they were due a week and a half ago...anyone got any ideas?

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
They could have been bred on their next heat cycle and not be due yet....trying to force the issue could cause premature birth / losses.

Patience is a virtue....as hard as it is to wait, they'll go into labor when they're darn good and ready and not one minute sooner.

:he :th :barnie

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
Unless you're absolutely positively sure of the breeding date (like if you ONLY do hand breeding) then don't try to induce. You said in your other thread you didn't have a due date. I would just wait it out. Sorry!

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
They could have been bred on their next heat cycle and not be due yet....trying to force the issue could cause premature birth / losses.

Patience is a virtue....as hard as it is to wait, they'll go into labor when they're darn good and ready and not one minute sooner.

:thumbsup Read on one of the threads here the "Does' Secret Code of Honor" and you'll understand. They do things to drive us crazy!

glenolam

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Do these does include the same doe you wrote about in another post? I thought you didn't know when the due date was? Do you know when she was bred or about when?

ALEXthegoat

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have two does due. same breed. same buck. but, one I have a for sure due date and the other I have no idea.

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
Were you a witness to this breeding or just taking someone else's date that was given to you? Was there no way that a breeding could occur through the fence? Was there no way that a breeding could occur when the other doe was being bred?

Emmetts Dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Roll farms said:

:lol: :gig :lol:

She is absolutley right!!!! We are talking about goaties..its hard to force anything with them!! :gig

But I agree with that fact that inducing is dangerous..and I would not recomend it. Especially with the fact that you cannot be positive on the date she was bred.

I would just give it time..watch to make sure nothing crazy is going on...but wait it out for a bit...she may not be ready!! She will give you a few signs sometimes too...she'll look for a place to bed down..scrapping the ground...etc etc...at least mine have anyway!!!

Hope it all goes well for you!!

Calliopia

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Also.. even if you witnessed A breeding it might not have been THE breeding. They can cycle again around a week later or she might not have caught the first time and could be due another 2-3 weeks from now.

Hard to tell.