natural goat wormers and lice question

mistee

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
well i was finally able to get python dust,, no stores here had it so I had to order... I just dusted everyone and bedding so i hope it works and was safe on my little ones..

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
mistee said:
well i was finally able to get python dust,, no stores here had it so I had to order... I just dusted everyone and bedding so i hope it works and was safe on my little ones..
I've dusted lousy day-olds before. They'll be fine. :)

Lady Jane

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Since the "other thread" has been mentioned. I just wanted to let you know how it turned out. I used ivomec (first time injecting so hopefully I did it right). I have been keeping an eye on her but since I just did it Sat. night it's hard to tell if it has been entirely effective. She has the medicine now though. :)

Now to answer the original questions.
I use Hoeggers herbal dewormer. I have not done a fecal yet, but their eyes look good and everyone appears healthy. I have only been using it for about a month and a half now.

mistee

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
the lice just really irk me,,,lol... I dont take my goats anywhere and the barn is kept clean but every year at this time i get an out break and this time was overly bad....grrrrrr..... You know it figures the only time I have people out to look at babies to buy is when you have problems w/ them,,lol.

peachick

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
what symptoms are there with lice??

I see nothing crawling on my guys, but I do see them scratching themselves using their horns.... my buck Chip has worn a thin spot on both sides of his ribs. And yesterday I brushed out Elvira and I thought she had dandruff, but now Im wondering if it was eggs??