NEW BABIES HITTING THE GROUND

BrownSheep

Lost in the flock
Reaction score
Haha, my dad is a lawyer and usually does mid-day checks in his suit. He's had to explain to a judge why he's been late to court....Luckily, the judge here is an ex-college cowboy.

We have slip cover shoes here that you essentially slip your shoes into.

goatboy1973

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Bitter sweet this morning! Awoke this morning to find our 2nd set of Spaniko twins up and bouncing around. Then upon going to the field found our last Spaniko to birth dead with her head tangled up in the fence and she was in the middle of birthing twins so we gained a set of Spaniko twins and lost a set and a good Spaniko brood doe. This was a BIG blow to our new breeding program. There's a passage of scripture in the Bible that says, "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh; blessed be the name of the Lord!". I believe this was the words of Job when he was being tested. No other words more suited to this morning than those. Now the wait for our Spanubian kids to start hitting the ground this week. Maybe we will have a little better luck.
:idunno:hu

goatboy1973

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:hit So so sorry. Your scripture reference is one I often think of too. Sometimes things just don't seem to make much sense. Remembering that all is His, everything, including the animals entrusted to us is a good reminder that we are limited. :hugs :hugs :hugs
SBC,
You are so right! We are limited but He is unlimited. All we can do is take the best care of what He has entrusted us with. Thanks for the kind words. This is the first time in the 15 yrs. I've been in the goat biz that I have lost a momma goat and the babies during labor. I have had a whole kid crop 5 yrs. ago snatched one by one over a 2 week period by coyotes (this was before I had any livestock guardians). So, I have had a few ups and downs but many many more ups than downs. I keep getting up when I get knocked down and going forward. On a lighter note, I had another of my commercial does (first-timer) drop a huge single this afternoon so this means we are batting .500 today, lost 3 and gained 3.