New Blue Silver Fox Doe! YAY!

CocoNUT

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
She's beautiful! Love the cage too.

Just keep feeding her...and sooner or later she'll get used to your routine! Several of my "not so friendly" does will come to the front of their cages for 'awknowledgement' when I feed them...and they used to HATE me! She's just getting used to her new environment...once she starts associating you with food....she'll come around.

neener92

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Rue has been put in a smaller cage til she gets more used to being handled, she is doing better in the smaller cage.

I have two mew Silver foxes a doe and buck, they are both black and carry the chocolate gene, I think one of them or both carries the blue gene as well.

Here are pics of the new bunnies, they are both very sweet especially the buck!
The buck, 'Hayes'
3557_img_0126.jpg

The doe, 'Penelope'
3557_img_0128.jpg

Prairiechick

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I think someone else mentioned, she may be just crabby because she is ready for breeding. Actually, in the fall, ALL of my does get crabby (to put it politely). Once sweet and lovey does will bite and growl and act all sorts of ill-mannered in the fall. It befuddled me at first, but I was assured it is normal. I have one doe who always thumps at me if I touch her. That is okay, she is entitled to not wanting to be woman-handled. I just don't pull her out for people to pet.

neener92

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the remodeling I've done with my rabbit hutch. Technically it's now a 4 hole hutch, but I have my silkie chickens in the biggest cage. I think the cages measure 2ft wide by 4ft deep. The largest cage is 3ft wide by 4ft deep.
Before....
3557_10-15-12_002.jpg

After.....
3557_bunhutch.jpg

3557_bunhutch1.jpg

I've been trying to figure out what I am going to us for the rabbits to stay warm in when it's cold out. I was helping my dad do a few thing in his shed yesterday and found these boxes. I'm kinda a little crazy about things matching so I was lucky enough to find 3 grey ones.
Here's Thumper sitting on top of one of the boxes....
3557_bun2.jpg

neener92

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
More pictures of bunnies. I love these guys! Rue is still a snot but she is doing better!

Hayes
3557_img_0259-001.jpg

Penelope
3557_img_0262.jpg

Ninny

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I just got two silver foxes. We love them! Where did you get yours from?

neener92

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
They are pretty awesome rabbits! I got mine from a breeder in PA Silver Valley Farm. The blue doe 'Rue' came from a breeder in VA Quail Springs.

I bred Rue to Thumper a few weeks ago and butchered Thumper two weeks ago. That is the first rabbit I have ever butchered....well, I didn't do it my boyfriend did....I couldn't. I am a huge animal lover and my family couldn't believe I let one of my rabbits get butchered. I've decided if I am going to eat meat I want to know how the animal was treated. Anyway, Rue had her kits yesterday. I will hopefully be keeping a doe from this litter. This is the first litter of bunnies on the farm! So exciting!

Latest posts