New Goats - Rebuilding After Tragedy

poorboys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
you can use safe-guard, ivermic or cydentin, but not valbazin!!!! I would probably have vet check fecals on them as well, so right from the begining your getting everything so they can grow and get better, Nice lookers. sorry about your others, it's very hard.

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
Yeah, fecals are best that way you know what you need to do.

I would use SafeGuard, and Ivermectin PLUS. If she is pregnant you can not use Valbazen. That can cause an abortion.
I would dose the SafeGuard at 1cc for 30 pounds and the Ivermec PLUS I would do 1cc per 40 pounds. I would giver her the Ivermectin then three days later the SafeGuard. Then do them both again 10 days after each wormer was used. You could do then both at the same time if you really wanted to.

Stacykins

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
They're all gorgeous! Hopefully they fill out well. Beloved friends can never be replaced, but I am sure they help fill the void left by the recent tragedy.

SheepGirl

Master of Sheep
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Any clear dewormers are okay. White dewormers (like Albendazole or Fenbendazole) can cause birth defects and/or abortions. Be sure to read the label and make sure whatever dewormer you choose is safe for bred animals!

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Don't use Ivermectin plus on a pregnant doe. Ivermectin alone (not the plus) is ok.

GLENMAR

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You may not be that far from me. Where are you located? Pretty girls.

Oakroot

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Pearce Pastures said:
my goats are more therapeutic than any of my other animals.
I have worked with horses, cattle, pigs, poultry etc but the second I put my hands on a goat I was hooked. There is just something about them. They really are soothing.