New in N.C

Want DaBabies

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello!!!

I've been lurking here for a few months... right about the time I found out we were PCS'ing back to Bragg with the hubbys job. Since then, we started our search for land and have put an offer on 14+ acres in Carthage.... and are in contract to start building our forever home/farm.

I've been planning my farm for chickens since last summer when the chicken bug bit but now the goat bug has gotten a hold of me too... and baby cows, and turkeys, ooh, and one of those and two of these.

Mmmhmmm, all I actually have right now are 4 of the walking talking calling me mom kinda animals... and a cat, but he calls me mom too.

Seriously though, I have a couple of favorite members on here that I want some of your animals to bring to my farm, lol. And yes, you are in NC.

Claudia

Want DaBabies

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I forgot to mention... we also have a guinea pig.... and She has a pet bunny.

Want DaBabies

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm a little partial to the confetti of the Nigerians... and the idea that the milk is supposed to be delicious. I told my husband just a couple days ago that I figured I might as well buy some goats milk and drink it first before I make the commitment. Would maybe eventually also add meat goats... but might just resort to eating the Nigerian whethers if they're tasty. Mostly though... I just want to make sure they're friendly and de-horned for my first couple to get into the swing of it.

If anyone isn't too far from me, I'd love to help out with your goats a couple times a week so I can start learning and helping you out in exchange for knowledge.

Claudia

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Zebulon, NC

We've got a goat friend in your area. :)

A Nigerian Dwarf breeder in Raeford, NC

Last edited:

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
:frow Welcome Want DaBabies! How nice to hear your hopes and dreams. Especially since they are so close to mine! It appears we share the same name - (although I don't use it here). :hide

Anyway . . . :welcome

P.S.S. My DS lives about a half hour East of your new property, in Carthage - he is between Ft. Bragg and Sanford.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome! We are always glad to have new members here. Carthage? Naturally I thought it was Carthage Texas! :lol: Glad you are not lurking anymore and decided to join the fun!

Want DaBabies

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thank you EVERYBODY! @Devonviolet I read a couple weeks back about your little piece of heaven in Texas recently and your son in Sanford... I'm in housing just between Sanford and Bragg for now. We literally just drove back into NC on the night of the 11th. @OneFineAcre I have a house with tenants currently in it near 71st High School... but I can't have more than a couple of chickens there so I needed a farm!

Its my husbands and my dream to be completely self sustaining in a couple of years. The motto for the land is it better either make me money, or save me money. And it'll save me money if I can eat it. The kids know this so they have backed off of asking for things such as tiny miniature tea cup Juliana pigs.,... unless I can sell those babies. In which case, it'll earn its keep. My husband really wants the garden - and a firing range.

@Southern by choice .... how do I say it.... I love your dogs.... and I might take one or two if they become available.... even if it comes with its own herd. I gotta start somewhere and your pups seem so well trained. My husband has already been warned to start saving money.
C