New in N.C

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you EVERYBODY! @Devonviolet I read a couple weeks back about your little piece of heaven in Texas recently and your son in Sanford... I'm in housing just between Sanford and Bragg for now. We literally just drove back into NC on the night of the 11th. @OneFineAcre I have a house with tenants currently in it near 71st High School... but I can't have more than a couple of chickens there so I needed a farm!

Its my husbands and my dream to be completely self sustaining in a couple of years. The motto for the land is it better either make me money, or save me money. And it'll save me money if I can eat it. The kids know this so they have backed off of asking for things such as tiny miniature tea cup Juliana pigs.,... unless I can sell those babies. In which case, it'll earn its keep. My husband really wants the garden - and a firing range.

@Southern by choice .... how do I say it.... I love your dogs.... and I might take one or two if they become available.... even if it comes with its own herd. I gotta start somewhere and your pups seem so well trained. My husband has already been warned to start saving money.
C
:lol:
Yep, sometimes I feel bad for my husband. But that passes rather quickly. :p Chickens are addictive, goats are addictive, LGD's are addictive. The BY"Herds" part is just a cover... we are all really BY Addicts!:D
Thank you, I LOVE our dogs too!;)

FarmersDigest

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
:welcome from Oregon, glad you joined. Sure hope all goes well with your new farm, and you get the animals you want!