New Member from Mississippi

MikahMom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hidey-ho everyone! :)

Glad to have found this site it is great and very informative. My partner and I have a small 9 acre farm located in Utica, MS. There we have 2 Shire Horses (a 2 yr old stud colt and 4 yr old mare -- our foundation stock). We also have 3 Nigerian Dwarf Goats - 2 does and a buck (not having much luck with milking I must admit lol). We also have 24 Australorp chickens and do a pretty good business selling the eggs. To round out the fur-kids, we also have a wonderful, gentle giant in our Irish Wolfhound and 2 super Australian Shepherds. And our latest additions are our 2 Yorkshire Gilts (Rose and Blanche) and our handsome Duroc stoat (Big Daddy). It is so nice to be able to live on a farm -- very peaceful and a marvelous stress reliever :)

Mea

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
:welcome

Sounds as tho You have a full time job taking care of all the critters ! But isn't it a wonderful stress reliever ?? !

( and aren't the Aussies terrific ? !!!!)

MikahMom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
My goodness -- I just noticed how many times I said "We also have..." in my introduction -- hope there aren't any English teachers on here :lol:

glenolam

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Welcome!

Somehow, as stressful as owning a small farm can be, we still do it because we just can't help it!