akroberts 1085

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
A picture of the cushaw that still needs more time on the vine.
1000000129.jpg

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
My vines are dead. Cut the last of the butternut squash off the vines today except 3 small ones where the vines were "protected" by some high grass and weeds, and are still green.... Some of the late potato vines are still green, and tomatoes and some pepper plants... a few of the Sunflowers leaves' are real green and there are about 4 or 5 that the birds have not bothered. Those are the ones bent way over...the more upright ones the birds have worked on. There are a bunch of seeds on the ground.
My squash patch had as high grass as you have, around the outside when I quit mowing!!!!!

akroberts 1085

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My vines are dead. Cut the last of the butternut squash off the vines today except 3 small ones where the vines were "protected" by some high grass and weeds, and are still green.... Some of the late potato vines are still green, and tomatoes and some pepper plants... a few of the Sunflowers leaves' are real green and there are about 4 or 5 that the birds have not bothered. Those are the ones bent way over...the more upright ones the birds have worked on. There are a bunch of seeds on the ground.
My squash patch had as high grass as you have, around the outside when I quit mowing!!!!!
There's a few spots that are way over grown with morning glory vines. I'm going to put my garden in the same place next year so I will have to find a way to block them or just put some really heavy stuff on them and suffocate the nasty buggers.

Latest posts