Nobody Warned me?

terrilhb

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ok I have 2 billy's. Love them so much. But noone warned me how smart goats are. Sitting outside with my DH by a fire and look over and there is Tack walking around the fence just munching away. :lol: I get up and go to get him and he looks at me like what did I do mom? :gig So I put him up he went right in no problem. Found out he climbed the fence to get out. So got the fence fixed. I hope. :hide Who could have known they were so smart.

Emmetts Dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
:lol: Never underestimate the wits of a goat!!!! :lol: :gig

As I always say...goats can find trouble in an empty room!!!!

scrambledmess

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
All my kids got out while I was doing chores this morning. They just followed me around like "Hmm.. what ya doin' mom?" So curious!!! I am learning quick to not underestimate them!

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
Yep, nothing like a goat to teach you about fencing..... :lol:

And there's nothing like older, fat does who can no longer jump and are too fat to squeeze through anything...

Mea

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
freemotion said:

And there's nothing like older, fat does who can no longer jump and are too fat to squeeze through anything...
Aren't the 'OFD's the ones in the background coaching the youngins and cheering them on ?? :lol:

( all done very quietly, yanno......)

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
Mea said:
freemotion said:

Aren't the 'OFD's the ones in the background coaching the youngins and cheering them on ?? :lol:

( all done very quietly, yanno......)
Oh, yeah, I blocked that traumatic info from my mind.....late one Saturday night my older dairy gal told my buckling how to short out the electric (four wires lining and topping a four-foot horse fence, the wires were up 7 feet total, one at his shoulder height....a fortress!) and climb over the horse fencing. He bred the three that were not on his dance card. :he

MsPony

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
LOL free!! Gotta watch out for those OFDs...

Our immediate backyard was made for OFDs and nursery kids/mommas...everytime I'd walk through the gate to the ranch one would non chalantly charlie horse or headbutt my butt (I don't weigh very much, tiny frame) so as to knock me off guard and get past me. Lol. I miss goats.

If I didn't play into them, they sit there bleating like, hello?? What about me?? You forgot! Goats.

peachick

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
we should all start our post with the line.. "Nobody warned me...... "

..... that goats would be so addictive. I started with one, and now I have 9.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We started with 7 and todays head count is 46.

What are we possibly thinking????? :/