Noisy goats

Tapsmom

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
She has been particularly noisy lately and I think she may be in heat. It has also been very cold..like in the teens at night. Could they get too cold? They are in their little barn at night and they are quite fluffy:)

hcppam

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
OK this is scaring me, I live in neighborhood (small space) I picked out the Nigerians because I heard they were quiet...I can only have one full sized goat I figure :ep two little one equal one big one are pygmies quiet?

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
hcppam said:
OK this is scaring me, I live in neighborhood (small space) I picked out the Nigerians because I heard they were quiet...I can only have one full sized goat I figure :ep two little one equal one big one are pygmies quiet?
No worries the person I sold my ND to said they are quiet for her they only get noisy when I come visit :lol: :th

I still spoil them rotten they got cranberries yesterday and a hoof trim.

hcppam

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
autumnprairie said:
hcppam said:
No worries the person I sold my ND to said they are quiet for her they only get noisy when I come visit :lol: :th

I still spoil them rotten they got cranberries yesterday and a hoof trim.
thanks makes me feel a little better. :weee

Ariel72

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
My ND is very quiet. If I had her in an area where I had neighbors I'm sure they wouldn't even know I had a goat. They are such individuals:hu

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have to agree with Elevan. I have a Nubian, a Nigerian Dwarf and two Boer crosses. My Nubian and Nigerian are actually the quieter of the four. I think it is really the individual goat.

KinderKorner

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My house is pretty quiet. I have probably 200 animals there and yesterday someone came to buy silkies and they were like "wow. It's so quiet here. Where are you hiding all the animals." haha. My Kinder goats are really quiet except for my favorite doe. :rolleyes: She cries loudly at times, like if one of her buddies gets out. Boy does she have a big mouth on her.

My Nubians are pretty quiet, but my last ones were loud.

My pygmy buck cries a lot. But he has got a really deep voice and it's not to loud, it's just cute. :lol:

Mine usually don't cry at all though until feeding time. If they see me bringing around the hay the ones above ^ start crying.

cutechick2010

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
nstilwater said:
my goat used to live by herself when we first got her. she was so noisy all the time even in the middle of the night. then one of my chickens escaped from the coop and got into the goat pen. now we dont hear a peep out of her. the chicken comes and goes but always roosts on the goats back at night..........they are best friends..........the goat also has alpacas to live with now but she prefers the chicken!
One goat alone is an unhappy critter, they have to have another goat, sheep, etc to live with or they are miserable.