not to happy this afternoon

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
TxMom said:
:yuckyuck

My freezer has threatened my RIR rooster several times...so far the roo is OK, but I'm not sure how much longer I can protect him...
It's the canner that's going to get my Black roo, via the route of the slow cooker. I'm not even going to protect him anymore. His replacement is growing nicely and isn't mean. :gig

MReit

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, wasn't full moon or anything was it? Fox got all my cochin bantams but 1 red roo....I'm distraught...Dang thing got em in the middle of the day too! I'm building a new fortress soon....blasted fox....grrrrrr

cw

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
20950_getattachment.jpeg

when we first got chickens this guy hear would gobble them up like we do m@m S

Bronco Hollow

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
LOL We sold and moved away from our RIR rooster... the new owners were delighted to have him...go figure. I get a Christmas card every year from them telling me how they love the house and the dang rooster lol lol lol

I had two suddenly die on me in April - May. The first was a RIR and my favorite. She was always so chatty with me. She didn't look or act sick, was just as gun-ho over the afternoon treat...next morning dead! About a month later another healthy acting hen - this time one of my Buffs.

Harder to lose them when you don't have a reason I think. Mine happened before the heat... we've been hot hot hot here and so far [knocking on wood] all the girls appear to be fine.

nightshade

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
:yuckyuck yea it is amazing how they can just swallow whole deer or the annoying little rooster that is just getting out of hand.