Our new Mini-Nubians!!!

Mini-M Ranch

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Finally, we were able to make the 6 hour drive to get our goats on Saturday. We are already :love

Here is everybody at breakfast!
768_goats_day_1_001.jpg

Here's Oreo, already the herd Queen!
768_goats_day_2_028.jpg

This is Sophia, the sweet one.

768_goats_day_2_024.jpg

The is Wilma the wimp. She doesn't do anything without Sophia, who was originally from the same herd.
768_goats_day_2_026.jpg

And here is little Betty, who came to us with the name Ilsa, but we changed it because...well, we already had a Wilma...I am a little worried about Betty's eyes. They were kind of leaky this morning.

768_goats_day_2_001.jpg

So, what do ya think? We are thinking they rea pretty great so far. :D

crazygoatlady

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
It depends on what generation--I have 2-2nd gen does and 2- 3rd gen does and a 2nd gen buck. the further you down you get in generations, the smaller they might get--check out the Mini Nubian Dairy Goat Association.
http://greengablesmininubians.com/
http://www.echohillsfarm.com/
I am sure there are others on this forum that have beautiful Minis as well. I happen to have Mini Nubians from Hearts In Dixie, who started with stock from Echo Hills--I have Hearts In Dixie Indian Boy's Dam --Hearts In Dixie Shoofly Pie and the doe out of her first triplets and out of the same litter-- Hearts In Dixie Apache.
I love my Mini Nubians
congratulations :)
aren't they so lovable--well my standard doe Dyna is very lovable also.
got a good start :)

crazygoatlady

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
you have all does? Are they bred--I am jsut starting to read some of the back posts and trying to get to know everyone by name and who has what goats. :D

Mini-M Ranch

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Yes, we have all does. Oreo is possibly bred because the buck at Whispering Pines kept jumping the fence. None of the other three are bred, but we are looking to breed Sophia this fall. I think Betty and Wilma are too small for breeding this year.

Sophia and Wilma came from Spring Woods Farm in Prospect Hill, NC. Oreo and Betty came from Whispering Pines in Ferrum, VA. Sophia, Wilma and Oreo are all daughters of Green Gables Cowboy, who is currently residing at Spring Woods Farm.

Sophia and Wilma are F2s.

Oreo and Betty are F3s.

Sophia is our biggest girl. Here is a picture of her with my four year old daughter.

768_goats_day_2_007.jpg

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Very nice! Congratulations, and your daughter is a real beauty. Bet she's going to be a heartbreaker some day.

Henrietta23

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thanks for the information and links! That's some really interesting stuff. Definitely something to look into as I consider my ideal breed for my future herd.
I agree, your daughter is beautiful!