Outside pen size vs. indoor housing size

Mini-M Ranch

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
cmjust0 said:
freemotion said:
I can hardly carry a bag of shavings past my goats. One in particular will grab and eat plastic, given the chance. Sheesh! :rolleyes:
Yep.. Shirts tails, sleeves, gloves, the button flap over your back pants pocket, the bill of your hat, your hair.. That's why I just can't imagine leaving something so tempting as a tarp in the presence of any self-respecting goat and not expecting things to slide downhill from there.
Today I had to hide a handful of nails in my bra because I had no pockets and the girls were SURE that I had a handful of treats. :lol:

Not the most comfortable thing I've ever worn... :hide

crazygoatlady

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
mine have never "eaten" or chewed on tarps used. But I would really use pallets as a base. T posts do work, but when goats rub on the walls of the panels, they can push them out of wack. also, if you use the pallets for a base, the cattle panels can be cut in half to be used as the top half of the building, so 2 panels will cover more area, also jsut using the panels, the goats can use them as a spring board to get out of a fenced area also. Using conduit gives the cattle panels strength.

kimmyh

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I tried pallets in the goat barn years ago and had several leg injuries, so I put plywood on the pallets and screwed it down. The goats did fine, I spent a lot of time on my backside.