Peteyfoozer’s Journey (because journaling’s not enough)

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Went to town yesterday. Had to drop one of the semi’s off at the yard in Burns for the guys fighting fire (which is everyone on the ranch except Randy, he keeps the equipment running so they can)
Had him drop me and Boone off at the ranch store while he ran all of his errands that normally keep us confined to the truck all day. We spent hours just walking the aisles. There were small breeds barking and growling at him from bathroom stall, floor, women’s arms and riding in carts, plus large dogs giving the death stare down aisles. He didn’t react beyond wrinkling his forehead.
We went to our favorite Mexican place for dinner and took him in with us. We don’t take him inside to eat with us at other places because he mansprawls and won’t get close enough to the table, but one of the owners told us they would always have a place for us in the back with him, as we used to ask for a booth by the window so I could keep an eye on him when we would leave him in truck. This is huge to me, as I am not only a serious fall risk but have horrible anxiety when he’s not nearby. (Anxiety is not a qualifier for Service Dog, that is an ESA) It also allows me to be able to actually relax and actually enjoy dinner.
IMG_0081.jpeg

I finally admitted to Randy how dangerously depressed I have been. His response was the same as if I’d asked for the salt, and just as quickly forgotten. He doesn’t get it. I’m pretty sure no one does and that tends to amplify the feeling of isolation. But it is what it is.

At one point, I forgot Boone has a tissue fetish and asked him to give me the napkin I had dropped. He did so, quite happily, but we had a tug of war when I went to take it from his mouth and had to pry his jaws apart so he didn’t swallow whatever he could tear off. 😝

Boone and I are both wiped out today. But he spent more of the night than usual in bed with his head on me last night, and today, when he usually remains wherever he is comfy as I get up to get something, instead he is immediately up and shadowing me.

I think he gets it. He’s my lifeline right now.

IMG_0086.jpeg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Remember that Randy has work out of the house & sees humans -- even if only short & sporadically. So like most men, they do not see "home alone" as a part of their day. It's just not something they can calculate.

I'm glad you have Boone AND that you were able to get away for a few hours, even if it wasn't what or where you'd choose. If you can get outside, it's bound to help, just a different look from the walls. :hugs

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow! What a rack! That’s so impressive. That big grin on his face says it all.

Big hugs for you. I’m glad you can come here and pour your heart out. We are your friends, we care about you.

Poor Randy, most men are clueless. All that touchy feely stuff just didn’t whack most men of his generation over the head.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Boone and I are going on a road trip!! Now that we have 2 working vehicles, I can leave the ranch and go see people I love that I haven’t seen for years 😍. I can hardly believe it.
Boone won’t be too thrilled, but most driving days will be shorter than the trips we take to town, the longest being 8, whereas going to town is always 12 to 16. Usually we leave here around six in the morning and get home sometime after 10 o’clock at night.

I’m hoping he’ll get used to it and not stress me out while I’m driving since I never drive and I’m not very good at it🙄. I’ll get to see my cousin and my honorary daughter, dear friend I haven’t seen since 2018, some I haven’t seen since before that and worked my way down to see my son and hopefully my granddaughters and my stepdaughters❤️
I have to Butcher six Rabbits before I can leave and I need to figure out everything I need to take for Boone & I. Need lots of prayer for this…