Peteyfoozer’s Journey (because journaling’s not enough)

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Now THAT'S a loooong, stressful day. I hope he's up walking by now. Supposed to be walking right away, correct ??? 😵‍💫😁 I hope you've gotten some sleep.
I’m getting lots of sleep now. He’s walking…but he refuses to elevate it like they said. He makes fearful, loud noises then mumbles under his breath so I’m not sure if it’s his hip, a cramp, or some other thing. I am so not up to the task…

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You may not be up to this task, so just do the best you can. Tell him so, and tell him that if he doesn’t do his own therapy, that hip will seize up like a timing chain broke in an engine, and there are no do overs. You can’t do it for him, you can barely take care of yourself.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
unless we paid $9000 up front they wouldn’t admit him? 🤬).

Is this your portion, deductible, whatever??? I'm hoping it's at least partly refundable. I'd be looking for state or soc services help on that one!! 😱. We do have a "funding" department in VA to help those who do not have the cash assets for such. Same with meds.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not quite sure how to react other than all of it 👍😍🤣😳😡🙁 You got all of it - at least from an outside point of view. But definitely hellish from your end. The good news - it's DONE! Just the recovery (yeah, not easy either) is left.
Oh Fen - maybe your name should be Mr Magoo. 😉

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow. Just wow.
Dumb doctor. Of all people, he should know better. Idiot.
Y’all are home now, between taking care of Randy, I hope you can get some rest.
Agree, but at least we wasn't a jerk about it and go over board in the other direction. Maybe they've got therapy dogs at that hospital and that's what he's used to (no excuse though - he should easily have read the harness).

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is this your portion, deductible, whatever??? I'm hoping it's at least partly refundable. I'd be looking for state or soc services help on that one!! 😱. We do have a "funding" department in VA to help those who do not have the cash assets for such. Same with meds.
From what I gather, the so called insurance only covered $5000. We had to pay $9000. Plus almost $1500 for his CT scan, a couple grand for all his dental, etc. and I never had a surgery that we didn’t get billed separately from everyone else that stepped into the O.R.

:ep

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm so used to people with Medicare or Medicaid -- just not the co-pay extremes. But I've never needed such replacement parts either 🙄 those are expensive procedures. Hope TheMan is doing his PT work to keep things moving! Guessing he won't be horseback for a while 😵‍💫🫤