Peteyfoozer’s Journey (because journaling’s not enough)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That’s not very good insurance. I had no insurance for about 10 years between quitting my job to care for my mother and Medicare. I checked into Obamacare, a $10,000 deductible and would have cost me over $900 a month. What good would that do me! In 10 years I went to the doctor less than 5 times. I was sick enough to need antibiotics. Now on Medicare and a supplement.

My husband had knee, shoulder and hip replacement. He elected to do home health care on the hip replacement and it wasn’t very good. He continued to have pain from the hip versus complete recovery with the knee and shoulder.

You may have to push Randy to work that hip harder than what is comfortable. I hope he is willing to “make it hurt” because working it hard now while it is healing will give him the range of movement he needs.

Many hospitals have financial resources and might be able to help y’all out. I sure hope so, that was robbery.

Please take care of YOU. I know you will do the best you can for Randy, but you have to take care of yourself too.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
It’s a beautiful day! The sun is out again so my pain is greatly diminished and I was able to make him a big breakfast with bacon m, eggs and peaches off the tree in the yard. Best peaches I ever had grow on that tree. Best investment I ever made ☺️
I got all the animals fed, cleaned, watered and started hauling all the garbage he stored in the shed where the Anatolian will be quartered until he settles in.
Fen brought all the cows up from the back pasture. I didn’t want him to, but I have to admit he did a really good job. He moved them slow and quiet and only barked down at the bottom of the 20 acres where he started them out.
Randy’s leg is pretty swollen but I finally got him on the bed so it should help a bit, and I rubbed oul and cayenne on his foot and lower leg so maybe that will help the circulation some.
Thanks for the encouragement.
Time for a nap. It’s like having a baby 😂 I gotta sleep when he does

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I use Arnicare for aches and pains. Don’t really have many now, new knee fixed that. But Arnicare sure helped the process! I buy the cream rub and the pills, for pain. For my and my husband’s joint replacements, I rubbed the cream rub up to, but not on, the incision. It greatly helped with the soreness.

My leg was purple and black from mid thigh down to my ankle. The Arnicare helped with the bodacious bruises and pain. I took the pills instead of the narcotics, in 3 weeks I only took 7 hydrocodone pain pills.

The Arnicare would certainly help with your pain issues and with Randy’s recovery. Shame on me for not mentioning this to you before!

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
TheMan is doing really well! He walked up with me to the mailroom today and checked his shop out. He even did the hay to my horse and the cattle while I fed all the other critters. The peaches and apples are overlapping and I still have raspberries and blackberries ripening. I an gonna can all the maters tomorrow, then a pork butt. It’s been an awesome summer with all the fruit and berries that are abundant every year, to go along with the veggies. Next year I will do better.
Mister has been so happy lately. I just feed him his senior, make sure he had hay and leave the gates open. He comes in and grazes in the yard for a couple hours then puts himself away.

IMG_5720.jpeg

The chicks are getting braver and bug hunting further away from the coop. I bred one of the rabbit does I’m afraid to breed both at the same tune as I’m not sure I could harvest that many at once, what with my hands being so bad. I think I will try every other month. The low pressure has really caused a lot of flares. I hope I don’t have pain all winter, I need to make soap and stuff and be productive. Praying hard.

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe the arnica would help with your hand pain. Hard to do much with hurting hands! Sometimes mine are stiff the morning after a lot of use. I'm fortunate that some relief happens with hot water on them to loosen up, then some acetaminophen. Not as bad as your RA, that's for sure! 🫤