Peteyfoozer’s Journey (because journaling’s not enough)

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
My pain has been manageable last couple days which is good. Woke up pretty stiff from yesterday but was able to kind of work out of it. I managed to do quite a lot but have had a lot of confusion today and balance was really bad. I had several close calls and had to have Boone escorf me to the rabbits and back.
I’m concerned about it. The neurologist has no clue why this is happening. I need to get an MRI scheduled. He said he had that done but no one ever called me or anything about it. I don’t have a lot of confidence in him. He asked me. a few questions then told me I didn’t need a Service Dog, I should just use a walker, then told me how superior his Kuvasz is. 🙄

So I’m looking for a walker that can get me down steps, across rocky ground and the rows in the garden, fit between the raised beds, hand me my glasses, keys, etc when I drop them, bring me my meds, pick up my clothes, help with the laundry and alert me when the timers in the kitchen go off, so I can retire Boone before he’s a year old. It would be nice if the walker could also load itself in and out of the ‘Burb or truck
At any rate, Randy could ses how I wS struggling so he made dinner. I had already made 2 doz baked butterscotch cookies and am freezing 4 dozen. He’s a good guy. 😍 I got through the day.
Tomorrow could be better. I’m counting on it!

Last edited:

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don’t have a lot of confidence in him. He asked me. a few questions then told me I didn’t need a Service Dog, I should just use a walker, then told me how superior his Kuvasz is. 🙄
He needs fired with a Clue x4 to the head. That's extremely rude even if you lived in town in a single level home. I guess he didn't ask or didn't believe a single thing you said about daily activities.

I fired a doctor like that. She kept harping on getting more exercise while we were clearing our land and putting in utilities for home. Said I MUST join a gym, "gardening" wasn't exercise enough. I'm unsure what gardener waxes eloquent about her awesome new electric chainsaw that cuts down trees easily...

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Many years ago I had a doc and when I went to see him with my knee problem - pain, slipping - think I was nearing 50? He told me “You shouldn’t be doing that.” Referring to training dogs and herding sheep. The jerk probably couldn’t walk the distance between the first and second holes on a golf course. I went to my van and cried, then got very angry - switched to a whole different system, got a new doc. She sent me straight to x-ray after my appt, then her office called with an MRI appointment while I was driving home. Had the knee fixed (trimmed the meniscus) within a month.
Found out years later the original doc had many complaints against him.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Doesn’t feel like July 4. My kids should be here and we should be BBQ ing, making i e cream and my famous hot fudge. It’s not the same when it’s just 2 old farts alone with their aches and pains 😝