Peteyfoozer’s Journey (because journaling’s not enough)

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got another kidney infection. They are frequent because of the autoimmune, but dang it gets old! Bought antibiotics online last time as getting to a Dr here is ridiculous, not just the distance but the quickest is weeks and norm is 3 months away
On top of that something has triggered my back pain and I can barely get around the house. Not up to sewing on the dresses, or embroidering on the one, was in way too much pain to go to the little Farmers Market on the lakebed yesterday which bummed me out…think as soon as I am able to this week will put together some earrings and hair slides, maybe some bracelets as those are fun and might sell…
The Boone has no recall. (It’s an LGD thang)
I purchased a good e-collar so I can eventually drop using the hermspringer and/or halti. They are just for emergency but having collar instead would be easier and might encourage him when he’s on strike. It’s amazing what a little vibration can do.
I decided to start training him to it yesterday, beginning with his recall. I never got a chance to use the tone because he was 100% so I guess we will take our training out back where there are more distractions, next time.
Pizza for breakfast this morning as I was able to work up enough energy to make the crust and build one for dinner last night.
How today goes remains to be seen.
I sure would like to get rid of these stupid ducks and 6 of the rabids. I can’t even GIVE them away 😩

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ran across some pics I took a few years back when my health was better

IMG_0031.jpeg

A couple of horses playing in the corral after we brought the cavvy in

IMG_0032.jpeg

Repositioning the heel rope

IMG_0033.jpeg

Gettin’ western!

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rough week. I’ve been a lot sicker recently. Extreme fatigue, can’t keep down food or meds, consequently pain etc is increasing exponentially, depression and lonliness is becoming too overwhelming to battle. I feel so lost. Why God chose to isolate me here with no friends or family then lose my health as well…I don’t understand…

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Keep posting....we can't hold your hand physically but, we'll sure "talk" to you 🥰 anything you want to bring up & someone will join in.👍

Sorry about the pain...if you can walk, go outside -- look at the flowers, hug your horse, shoo the chickens, cuss the ducks. Hopefully, the wildfires aren't spreading smoke to you-- that'll kill the outside thing 🥹

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bless you.
Supposed to be thunderstorms all day but if we get any rain with it, maybe it will wash the smoke out of the air.
I miss my family. I wish I could go home but my home was lost to me 20 years ago and there’s only one way off of this ranch, since the man refuses to ever leave here. I’m almost 70 so hoping it won’t be too long.
This not being able to eat, sucks. 🫢