PG or what?

Mitransplant

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I used to sit on the computer ALL day playing games on FB but I don't have time anymore for much. I do get on here at night after I put my 5 year old Grand Daughter to bed and then get checking out things and before I know it, it is WAY past my bed time. I could spend all day outside with the goats, chickens, ducks and working out there but kids take up time away from the animals but I love my weekends when she goes home.
I would like to get pygmy goats since they are about the right size for me, then have to get the Boer goats for the hubby but I WON"T kill one so he is going to have to do that IF he wants to eat it. I just want pets and entertainment.

Well, its off to bed I go since 6 comes early and then the day is started all over again. Thanks so much and will see and talk to you all tomorrow night. Have a safe night. Deb

mama24

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
If she has only been dried off for a few days, if you start milking her several times a day, she may start making milk again. :) I have a friend who did that with one of her does several years ago. She didn't get much at first, but after about 2 weeks, she dropped to 2 milkings a day, and was getting about a quart each milking. :)

Mitransplant

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Mama

It has been over a week and a half since she last nursed her baby and I didn't know that she was milkable so hadn't been milking her. Her teat is a lot smaller than it was 10 days ago. Just wish I would have known when I brought her home on the 14th and could have started milking her then. :(

Mitransplant

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Guess since a few of you think this, I will have to give it a try. Can't hurt, right? Thanks

Mitransplant

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Well, tried to milk Nutmeg today and it was nothing. She didn't want anything to do with me or the milking and when I did get a hand on it there was nothing coming out. She is so small ( her bag ) that I really didn't think I would get anything. She is getting more friendly though. I sat out in the area with them today and watched the two does playing and then Java came over and I was scratching her neck and Nutmeg came over and nudged me and wanted her turn. As long as I just do her head, neck and chin she will stand there and let me but if I try and touch her back or sides she runs away. Not a bad progress for two weeks. I have all summer to make better friends with her.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Well, if you aren't getting any milk, then let it go. It sounds like building trust is more important anyway. Great job making progress! Peanuts and dried banana peels and dried orange peels, as well as raisins do wonders for making friends!

Mitransplant

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thank Mum, that is what I thought. Wasn't sure what "treats" they would like. I will try tomorrow to make better friends with Nutmeg. Maybe a few treats just for her since Java is already a sweetie. THANKS for all your help. Deb

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Mitransplant said:
Thank Mum, that is what I thought. Wasn't sure what "treats" they would like. I will try tomorrow to make better friends with Nutmeg. Maybe a few treats just for her since Java is already a sweetie. THANKS for all your help. Deb
Just a small warning here. With goats you have to be real careful about giving any "just for" attention. They can become VERY jealous very quickly. We always make sure to try and give everybody everything equally. If that is not possible, we do the special things out of sight of the rest of the goats so as not to foster any jealousies. I know it sounds funny, but it is true.