Pics of our newest calf

Mike Fronczak

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the two of them from the day second one was born.
5690_035.jpg
[/img]

These two are little buddies already, rough housing, chasing each other, its really cute other than walking under the rotational grazing fences ;).. The older (about 2 weeks difference) of the two has filled out nicely, look like a fluffy teddy bear, the younger one is getting there. We were kinda hopeing they were male calves because our bull is so easy to work with I'm not going to part with him, these are his first calves. He is the easyist going of all our cattle (none of our mature cattle are bad though), never gives us a bit of trouble, after all the horror stories I heard when I decided to keep a bull I don't want to gamble on another one until its necessary.

Sippie

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Mike Fronczak said:
Here is a pic of the two of them from the day second one was born.
[url]http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/uploads/5690_035.jpg[/url]

These two are little buddies already, rough housing, chasing each other, its really cute other than walking under the rotational grazing fences ;).. The older (about 2 weeks difference) of the two has filled out nicely, look like a fluffy teddy bear, the younger one is getting there. We were kinda hopeing they were male calves because our bull is so easy to work with I'm not going to part with him, these are his first calves. He is the easyist going of all our cattle (none of our mature cattle are bad though), never gives us a bit of trouble, after all the horror stories I heard when I decided to keep a bull I don't want to gamble on another one until its necessary.
These are beautiful!

Mike Fronczak

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Update.
We had a wedding to go to last weekend out of town, leaving Saturday morning (eary 7 hr drive). Kids were already over at Grandma's, wife & I took advantage went out for nice dinner. We came home about 10 & she went out to shut the door for the chicken run, they free range often. She heard the cows making a good bit of noise & went to check on them in the pasture, with just her phone for light. She called me saying our last cow had delivered, but she thought it was still born :(, please bring a flashlight out. By the time I got out there, only a couple minutes, the calf was up & moving. A little bull calf. This pic is from earlier in the week.
5690_015.jpg

I think we are done calving for now, however I do think there is a good posibility our first heifer calf form last year (we had 2) is pregnant, she is about 13 months old now & nearly the size of her mom. So fall calves are a possibility, we will see I guess.

GLENMAR

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
They are beautiful. I love my 2 highlands. I really want some more.

new2cows

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
congrats on all the calves. You have a beautiful herd!