pin worms

poorboys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have been fighting pin-worms, I have used panacure, and ivermic plus, dosing 3 days apart, plus vit b iron and blood cell. Now they have them again, so I ordered valbrazin, it won't be here for a few days, I thought if i hit them harder it would help, I also have cydentin but haven't used that. I have every thing here medicine wise, so how would you treat,? also I read an article on ivermic plus, about injecting it, that it stays in their systoms longer and doesnt' cause the bleeding in the stomach lining. I have always given it orally but in my case right now should I be giving it my injection? My barns have been cleaned and they get fresh straw every sunday, so if that helps with your questions. any info would be aprrecieated. thanks poorboys Yeah I know I can't spell very good right of the top of my Head lol

Marianne

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Have you tried Ivomec Pour-On? Since it got at problems I seemed unable to solve, I've become a big fan. And, it's sooo easy. Also gets at external parasites and, in your situation, may reduce hatching worms in areas of your bedding/barn/pasture where the goats congregate. Just a thought.

poorboys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
No, I haven't tried the pour on, I like to only worm when nessesary but this may be cause to try it. I have also been given probios when I worm to help put back good bacteria. some of their eyes are nice red, but have been getting dieahreria after worming, so that's where the probios I hope are gonna be helping. I also thought of putting electrolites in their water tub, it's a 50 gallon tub, so all of them would be drinking, I would'nt think that would hurt?? any ideas?? and yes I'm sure it's pin worms.

Marianne

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Guess I prefer natural whenever possible...my goats LOVE a hand full of salty corn chips with Gatorade for electrolytes. You have to provide the "treat" for all because they will fight for it. As for replacing good bacteria, ours love yogurt so they enjoy a big bowl every now and then.

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
Did you do the Panacur for 3 days in a row? When you have a worm load, Fenbendazole (Panacur/Safeguard) needs to be done for 3 days in a row. Also, if using liquid, it should be dosed at 1cc per 10 lbs.