Please close thread

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
No apologies needed.

I am using DH's Nikon D50. Manual focus.

Yes, very, VERY proud of my "Dobby Marking His Territory". It's so clear that if you look at Dobby's eye, you can actually see my reflection taking this pic.

So excited you thought it's been my best. Truly appreciate your feedback.

Yep, truly enjoying this hobby.

K

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Here's a few of Kreacher from today

4459_bunnys_464.jpg

4459_bunnys_459.jpg

4459_bunnys_441.jpg

I liked this one of Dobby too. Pic right before the other one.

4459_bunnys_488.jpg

K

redtailgal

Reaction score
If you get a minute try this (maybe you have already dont this, I dont know)...........Switch to automatic focus, then switch to manual exposure on your camera. If you dont know how to meter, get hubby to show you how, and raise your F-stop up as high as you can get it, then take another pic of the same thing with the f-stop as low as you can get it. Put something still (a vase or something works great) in your shot to focus on. Remember very high F-stop and very low f-stop, and meter it for proper light.

You should be suprised at the results.

DKRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Great Job Ms. Research! You have the cutest models :) Oh and that little f-stop trick that RTG is talking about is really interesting to do. I have been playing with that a lot lately!

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
redtailgal said:
If you get a minute try this (maybe you have already dont this, I dont know)...........Switch to automatic focus, then switch to manual exposure on your camera. If you dont know how to meter, get hubby to show you how, and raise your F-stop up as high as you can get it, then take another pic of the same thing with the f-stop as low as you can get it. Put something still (a vase or something works great) in your shot to focus on. Remember very high F-stop and very low f-stop, and meter it for proper light.

You should be suprised at the results.
I am so new to this camera RTG, that last night I finally learned how to delete my pics. Basically I have the camera on manual and am just learning to focus. Definitely will try your suggestion. Did you write something up about metering for proper lighting? I'm finding it easier for me to learn (as you have seen my improvement in my photos) that reading what you post and then discussing it with DH has been the best way for me to enjoy learning this really neat hobby. One thing about homeschooling, I learned there are many different ways to absorb knowledge and work on skills.

Now off to play.

Thanks again, RTG.

K

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
DKRabbitry said:
Great Job Ms. Research! You have the cutest models :) Oh and that little f-stop trick that RTG is talking about is really interesting to do. I have been playing with that a lot lately!
Thanks so much DKRabbitry. Coming from you I take that as a huge compliment. Yes, I have to admit I do have cute models. Thanks. Will be trying the f-stop trick. Hope to hear your views.

K

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Thank Heaven my Favorite Model is getting used to a camera in his face.

Took these last night

Dobby just loves to stretch out and watch TV with us.

4459_bunnys_500.jpg

Getting there. Just a little bit fuzzy. Caught in mid scratch

4459_bunnys_514.jpg

Dobby with his favorite toy. Love his inexpensive tastes

4459_bunnys_520.jpg

Latest posts