Please HELP! 2 year old Wether Stuggling to pee! GOOD UPDATE!!

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
UC or a penal shaft infection would be the only things I can think of right now that would stop him from peeing :/

Keep up the Fruit Fresh until you get the AC then switch.

I'd be putting a collar on him and clipping him to the fence so that you can work on him without having to fight his horns.

Chicos Mama

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
O.K Im going to tell you all something only because as "Goaty" people...ONLY ya`ll would understand...

*Deep Breath*...alright...here goes... :hide

Out of desperation, and worry for my poor boy...I decided to try something COMPLETLY UNORTHODOX!

Oh geez....No she didnt!....Oh Yes she did! :ep

I figured why not? After I made sure there werent any snoopy neighbors and no hidden cameras ANYHERE... I comenced to do a homemade...Goat penis massage! :plbb

STOP LAUGHING!!!! (ok, your allowed to giggle)

But guess what? About 5 minutes of this "interesting" experiment...CHICO PEED!!!! :weee

Say what you will...laugh if you have to...But CHICO PEED!!! :weee

Then he turned for his Alpalpha hay and snagged a couple of bites!
I am still going to continue with the Fruit Fresh/Lemon juice drench untill the ammonium chloride arrives...but I dont think anymore massages are in his near future!:plbb

Oh ya...did I mention CHICO PEED!!!?? :woot

This message will self distruct in 10 seconds! (Oh God I hope this dosent get out on the internet :hide

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Well...I guess what counts is that it worked. But I did and am still giggling :lol:

Keep us posted.

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
:gig :lol: I am glad it worked.
I am a massage therapist but I am not sure I would massage my goats penis to make him pee just saying.
thank you for the laugh.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
If he doesn't continue to improve, I would take his temp. and consider putting him on antibiotics in addition to the AC treatments

Once he is doing better, I would go to the preventive dosage of AC, It is on that website I posted earlier, I beleive 1teaspoon per 100 to 150lbs of goat per day. You can mix it in his sweet feed or mix with a little water and drench daily, then give him his grain after that.

A vet can adivice you about his diet and look at what you are feeding him.

It is good that he peed, but UC sometimes will become a chronic problem, So I would follow through with the treatments and a vet visit.

I know a family that had a wether at the fair this summer, and the wether didn't make it into the show ring, because he went down from UC. Vet treated, and they took the wether home to be put down, but he slowly improved, and they still have him. I was talking to the gentlemen the other day, and he said he is drenching him daily with AC even though the incident happened in August.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
I think the penis stimulation was a good idea. A bit like massaging a clog out of a hose. If he had a UC it might have gotten stuck and needed a hand to move along out of the tightest spot in the end there. We all have to do that now and then to get the plug out of the end of a stuck teat! Don't we ladies and gentlemen? So good choice!

Boy it was hard to type that without my fingers quivering on the keyboard from the giggling.

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
:lol: The thing's that we are willing to try to make our babies ok. I love it! Good job momma. No need to be embarrased, it just shows how much you love him. Hopefully he won't think of you as a gf and not momma anymore. :lol: Sorry I had to at least say something!